Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB Rear Glass for 1979

Corvette
75 Stroker 4spd Frame Off, 05 Cpe 6spd
I need the rear glass for my 1979. It has rear defroster but I can do without that if I can find the glass from someone close.

Worried about shipping without breakage.

Thanks,

Chuck M

FWIW: a local auto glass place might be able to get one of these and install it for you at a reasonable price.

:)

Reasonable price you say!!!:rotfl

Reasonable, yes, all things considered. Letting them do it removes all your concerns for shipping or breakage - they take the risk. You get a professional installation, guaranteed against leaks, in about a quarter of the time it is likely to take you to make the install. If they break it while installing it, no harm done.

I do most of my own work, but every now and then you run across one of those jobs best left to the pros.

:)

When I responded, I meant a new glass and many used ones. A new one is about 1,400 MSRP. What a joke!

I've seen used ones from $200.00 to $500.00 plus about 250.00 for shipping. I would have had to pay 500 + 250 = 750 PLUS installing it! That's not reasonable "all things considered" to me.

There are some people that sell Corvette parts think they are the only ones that have the parts and gouge accordingly. I go through the same thing with Harley Davidsons.

Just picked up one for $100.00 from Jeff (jpushard). What a help he was (Thanks Jeff). He even let me try to get it out, and if it broke, I didn't owe him anything...and he was about 15 minutes from my house!!! AND it was the CAC that got all this going!

I got a few friends that do this for a living to get it out. I have the glass in my living room now. It should be installed within the next few days from those same friends.

The removal and install was always going to be someone elses responsibility. It was the glass price and SHIPPING that was getting to me. I do most of my own work as well and for many others.

Chuck M

When I responded, I meant a new glass and many used ones. A new one is about 1,400 MSRP. What a joke!

I've seen used ones from $200.00 to $500.00 plus about 250.00 for shipping. I would have had to pay 500 + 250 = 750 PLUS installing it! That's not reasonable "all things considered" to me.

There are some people that sell Corvette parts think they are the only ones that have the parts and gouge accordingly. I go through the same thing with Harley Davidsons.

Just picked up one for $100.00 from Jeff (jpushard). What a help he was (Thanks Jeff). He even let me try to get it out, and if it broke, I didn't owe him anything...and he was about 15 minutes from my house!!! AND it was the CAC that got all this going!

I got a few friends that do this for a living to get it out. I have the glass in my living room now. It should be installed within the next few days from those same friends.

The removal and install was always going to be someone elses responsibility. It was the glass price and SHIPPING that was getting to me. I do most of my own work as well and for many others.

Chuck M
1978-1982 Corvette Rear Glass - Tinted (Dated)|Rear Window|Zip Corvette Parts=&

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom