Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB: several parts

clok1966

Corvette
87 Black with gray Interior
Ok after looking at buying some stuff for my new obsession i find that I cant buy a few parts new (if you know where please point it out, i didnt find it at any vette stores online). parts are all for 87.

Manual shifter knob button- cant seem to find this, I'm assuming the auto one wont work? Aftermarket is fine. Somebody mentioned a hurst with a button on the side, I'm assuming the switch is electric (all i see is the little "T" shapped wire). I dont mind a aftermarket none original looking one, right now i just need something that isnt rattty looking. I would just buy the new Handle, but I dont have the button and a nice new handle without the button is still ratty looking.

I need drivers sun visor, i really dont want to pay $200 for both. Anybody have one used or know of one that will work from another car ( i dont care about the vanity stuff).. I have the rodk, its just he actual cloth and insides (flap) im missing. Im pretty sure i can pull apart one from anotehr car and push it on there, but, maybe not?

Wiper control Knob- this one is possibly avilable at the parts stores, havent looked yet, E-bay has the whole thing for $40ish, maybe just go that way.

Also, does anybody have images of the Information control text and the console text in computer format? I can make decals with that stuff so If I paint mine i can put those on after i refinish them.

hmm much much more, but thats a good start.

Clok

i know you looked online but try Arts Corvette parts and Davies Corvette parts as well as the Corvette Graveyard (if it still exists). i looked everywhere for parts and these guys seem to either have something or can get it for you. usually if you ask them they will have somebody to refer you to. this is the experience i have had with these great vette guys.

I have got all parts excpet eh shift knob plastic piece. Tha one looks like its going ot be touhg :(

Clok

SUNVISOR

Ok after looking at buying some stuff for my new obsession i find that I cant buy a few parts new (if you know where please point it out, i didnt find it at any vette stores online). parts are all for 87.

Manual shifter knob button- cant seem to find this, I'm assuming the auto one wont work? Aftermarket is fine. Somebody mentioned a hurst with a button on the side, I'm assuming the switch is electric (all i see is the little "T" shapped wire). I dont mind a aftermarket none original looking one, right now i just need something that isnt rattty looking. I would just buy the new Handle, but I dont have the button and a nice new handle without the button is still ratty looking.

I need drivers sun visor, i really dont want to pay $200 for both. Anybody have one used or know of one that will work from another car ( i dont care about the vanity stuff).. I have the rodk, its just he actual cloth and insides (flap) im missing. Im pretty sure i can pull apart one from anotehr car and push it on there, but, maybe not?

Wiper control Knob- this one is possibly avilable at the parts stores, havent looked yet, E-bay has the whole thing for $40ish, maybe just go that way.

Also, does anybody have images of the Information control text and the console text in computer format? I can make decals with that stuff so If I paint mine i can put those on after i refinish them.

hmm much much more, but thats a good start.

Clok
Clok, Mid America has GM & repro sunvisors, yes, sold in pairs, but a repro pair is only $119. I bought a set earlier this year and they are perfect. The part is on page 63 of the latest catalogue, part # 618-654 for '84-'96. I hope this helps. I also have a local used parts guru:
Bryans Vette Parts in Houston, Texas. 832-654-7367. Bryan is in & out, so if you don't reach him on the first try, just keep on calling. He has tons of C4 parts.

Thanks, but right now I'm only missing the shift knob.

Clok

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom