Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTF? WHY DOESN'T THIS CAR WANT TO START?????

hey guys, thanks for the encouragement!!

i MAY have it on the road next weekend but i have a punch list from VNV before i can put it on the street...little things like looming all the wires, securing my front brake hard line to the frame cross member (already remounted the boost timing master, Mark :_rock) and a whole **** pot full of other stuff......

BTW, since reading the instructions on the boost timing master turned out to be a rather useful endeavor, i actually paid attention to what it said this time....the box itself has a pot to adjust the retard level (factory set at 2*) and there's a pot that sits in the passenger compartment labeled from 1-5, i think...i originally thought that was an additional 1-5* of retard and in fact, what it does is adjust the RATE of boost retard, up to 15*:W....that'll do it!

...i have to say that the blower sounds kinda' quiet, not like a roots-style blower that i hear on hotrods...we fired it up with the belt attached and the intake hose tightened ALL the way and it just worked perfectly...brought a tear to my eye >sniff<....i'll have to take it easy, watch the plugs, listen for detonation and take it easy until it all comes together..........i MUST say that with the new big valve heads and the blower, the exhaust definitely sounds lower and punchier....hmmmm, maybe time for a set of sweet thunders for baby:m

WHAT a learning experience...

...if i learn the next lesson without grenading the engine, i'm ahead of the game...

Mark, BTW, we went to F&M deli for lunch today (hot pork sandwich to DIE for, just like South Philly) and the owner (who just sold a NOM cherry Z28 and has owned a slew of vettes) told me we should park our cars on the grass, where the owners park their cars and out of the way of civilians...HAS to be vettes, sorry about the H3;shrug

...i'm exhausted and think i'll just watch Deadliest Catch:cool

Don't forgrt the most important thing..

Set the Timing & Check the Advance..!!

You have know Idea where it's set.....!!!:eek:hnoes ;shrug

Don't forgrt the most important thing..

Set the Timing & Check the Advance..!!

You have know Idea where it's set.....!!!:eek:hnoes ;shrug

....well, yes i do...it's set to START:boogie

yup, good point...and i also have to repair the oil line that broke off....seems as though I have a SECOND oil line kit from LICS and it has what i need (no ferrule but a tapered compression fitting and an adapter to fit into my 1/4" NPT "t")...it might not be wise to drive around with no clue as to oil pressure:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom