Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wth??

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
Sometimes you never know about people. Last week, I agreed to buy a '77 from VirtualVettes. I explained that it would be a week before I would be able to come and pick up the vette which was ok with her. After a couple of phone calls and emails, everything was set up. I would pick up the vette Friday afternoon. Thursday night I open up my email and it says that she is going to have to postpone the sale for a week and that she is sorry for the inconvience. So I go to ebay and guess what. Yep, there it is for sale again. I still have the email that she sent me that said that I have her word that she would sell it to me at the agreed upon price. But I guess that didn't mean much. On the bright side, at least I checked my email before I left the house. It wouldn't have been good if I were to haul my azz to pick it up only to be told that she wasn't going to sell it to me. I'm off my soap box now.
Brad

... I still have the email that she sent me that said that I have her word that she would sell it to me at the agreed upon price. But I guess that didn't mean much. On the bright side, at least I checked my email before I left the house. It wouldn't have been good if I were to haul my azz to pick it up only to be told that she wasn't going to sell it to me. I'm off my soap box now.
Brad

Another Kentucky CACer! :upthumbs

Brad-

Have you seen the car in person? How about the lady you spoke with?

The reason I ask is that she seems like she's a bit skittish and in a rush to sell.;squint:

I wouldn't do business with someone who isn't consistent- no matter how good the deal seems.

I think this is the car- right?
http://www.virtualvettes.com/77Black.html

Yep, that is the one. This is now the 3rd time that it has been on ebay. During the 2nd listing, we agreed on a price so she ended the auction but now its back on. Potential buyer better be aware!

I'm confused. You had an agreed sale with confirmation in writing from the seller, correct? Now the seller is backing out and offering it on eBay?

Link please.

I'm confused. You had an agreed sale with confirmation in writing from the seller, correct? Now the seller is backing out and offering it on eBay?

Link please.

The agreement was reached during a phone conversation and then confirmed in a couple of emails. There was no doubt that an agreement was in place. Even to the point that she said that we could go to her bank and get the transaction record notorized which I have to have in Ky.
And yes it is back on ebay.
Chevrolet : Corvette:eBay Motors (item 180391096808 end time Aug-09-09 17:31:33 PDT)

The agreement was reached during a phone conversation and then confirmed in a couple of emails. There was no doubt that an agreement was in place. Even to the point that she said that we could go to her bank and get the transaction record notorized which I have to have in Ky.
And yes it is back on ebay.
Chevrolet : Corvette:eBay Motors (item 180391096808 end time Aug-09-09 17:31:33 PDT)

Note that an email is as binding a contract as a hand written and signed contract. Interesting article here: Chicago Illinois Law Firm Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC|Publications|When An Email Becomes a Binding Contract

Quite a few more if you search google.

In any case, you could sue her, and under the law and mostly likely win. Question is, is the cost worth it?

I agree with blackandredvette, I would try to block the sale on ebay if possible.

You need to tell the whole story, after you and I made a deal you tried to low-ball my partner. And you also kept putting ME off. Good thing I checked my email the day you were "originally" coming. Takes all kinds!

There's always at least three sides to the story. :W

This is a technical forum, not a court of law. Hopefully, you folks can work this out to mutual satisfaction but the CAC is not interested in providing a venue for a virtual shouting contest. If this starts to turn ugly, the thread will be locked.

Yes, I am a spoil-sport. Deal with it. :chuckle

-Mac

ps: Welcome to the CAC, debsvettes. You might want to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions - Corvette Action Center if you're planning to stick around.

Mac and I are must be eating the same breakfast.. I echo what he wrote, evidently while he was responding I was putting my thought down.. so I'll go ahead and post too..

When a disagreement between seller and buyer appear here on the Action Center I want to DELETE the thread and bury it so deep that the Devil has to look down to find it…

I’m sure there is an injured party to this deal, legal terms that usually is decided in a court of law and not in a forum. The facts are the facts, and without proof of the facts they become blurred and maybe misstated or embellished to make a point, regardless we come back to Facts are FACTS.

If this conversation must take place here on our Corvette Community Forum I ask that all parties participating provide proof of statements made that are injurious to the other party and that all discussion remain civil and work toward a productive end.

If this is too much to ask, then take your "I said, They said" somewhere else and keep it off our Forums.

I ask that those of you without a dog in this fight NOT to judge and keep your comments aimed at a constructive end to all parties involved.

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

Here's my two cents - The driveway that the car is parked on has too many oil / fluid stains on it and not one pic of the underside of the car. - Just an observation.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom