Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

X pipe?

LaMagred'02

Corvette
2002 Magnetic Red Coupe
necessary or not with an aftermarket exhaust?

pros and cons?

:beer

I have Corsa Pace Car on mine with no X pipe and I think it sounds great. I have never heard the popping that some say they get without the X pipe. No drone at cruise but they bark when you get on it.

It is not necessary. It comes down to your preference for what the exhaust sounds like.

I had Borla Stingers on my 2000 6m coupe without the X-pipe and the system had a drone during cruize and popped when slowing down. Just my experience. My 2004 coupe is still stock,

I had Borla Stingers on my 2000 6m coupe without the X-pipe and the system had a drone during cruize and popped when slowing down. Just my experience. My 2004 coupe is still stock,

I have heard that Borlas do have that drone....the PRT B+B system I ordered is not supposed to do that...we'll see....:beer

When I bought my 2000 it had a Corsa exhaust (not sure which one it is) with out an x pipe. After getting an x pipe the only real change I've noticed is that it smoothed out the sound. It doesn't sound as "raw" as it did especially from inside the car. It still screams when I get on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom