Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Xbox steering wheel

keelath

Corvette
1976 Yellow
Hi all. So I'm done with this little Xbox steering wheel. I've been looking around and I'm finding that my 76 has special circumstances, as does every car I ever buy it seems lol. So it has a Grant steering wheel on it, which I'm presuming means it has an adapter of some sort already installed. Would anybody on here be able to confirm that for me?

I'm not looking to restore this to factory or anything so I don't mind getting another Grant steering wheel as long as I can get a normal sized one.

Attachments

• IMG_20170907_163900138_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170907_163900138_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 101
Yes the 76 steering column was a switch from the earlier ones. They came with the "Vega" steering wheels which wasn't as nice in my opinion as the earlier 3 spoke wheels. A lot of guys installed earlier columns and wheels. I don't recall the exact differences with the 76 column but you should be able to find out online.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thought for '76 that only the standard non tilt/tel column got the Vega steering wheel. If you ordered T/T in a '76, you got a standard Corvette wheel as used in earlier models. I also think that the earlier T/T column is a direct swap into a '76 with a standard column.

I looked at the wheel last night. Figured out how to pop the center cap off, first time for me. It is a 5 bolt Grant adapter that is installed on it. So I will order a Grant wheel to replace it. There are 3 bolts attaching the Grant adapter to it, I don't know if that tells anyone anything. But in the short term I'll get a larger Grant wheel. Would like to have a Vette wheel but like I said, not looking to restore to factory, just don't want to feeling like I'm playing a game. Might forget its not Forza, LOL.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom