Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

XM Antenna & Back Valance on 2005

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
I was wondering if anyone out there has done this yet....I have a 2005 C6 Coupe LeMans Blue Met. and I was thinking of getting that Nasty looking Black Bump on my roof (called an XM antenna) painted to match my vehicle and at the same time go ahead and get the Black Valance in the back (which is also Black) painted to match.
My concern is the paint sticking to the plastic or whatever material there made of and as far as the Valance is concerned chipping.....
Just curious.....
thanks

Here is a pic of my brake light surround ...the black looked terrible, color coding looks far better!! just had it done at a local paintshop (who does great work) the paint has been on 6 months without any defects.

I to have already reaplaced my third brake light and my door handles with color matching units, I didn't have them painted I purchased them from a 3rd party already to match my paint....my concern was taking off the back valance and having a shop paint it (the XM antenna also) and just wanted to know if anyone had done this yet.....? My main concern was chipping and peeling...?
thanks

tony@scotland said:
Here is a pic of my brake light surround ...the black looked terrible, color coding looks far better!! just had it done at a local paintshop (who does great work) the paint has been on 6 months without any defects.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom