Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

XM Portable Radio Install for AUX Need Switched Power Source

Zo6 LVR

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
I picked up a Simple brand AUX box to use my portable Pioneer INNO with the aux port of the stock radio. It is a "simple" install and works so much better than the poor FM modulation the Pioneer has. I have one concern though. I still use the cigarette adapter to power the cradle for the Pioneer which is hot all the time, I am worried that unless I unplug the adapter each time I leave the car it may run the battery down. Does anyone know of a ign switched 12v source I can tap to hook up a female cigarette plug to so the adapter will not be powered when the ignition is off????

Passanger side, under kikk panel you will see 3 wires taped together, one yellow, one black and one orange, Black is ground, yellow is inition, and orange in allways hot.

One addition to that, The harness is at the top left corner above the silver computer box,it's easiest to remove the computer box under the removeable foot well panel to get to the connector with the three taped wires. I did this for my Inno also and it works awesome.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom