Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FS: Kenwood DNX9960

teamblades44

I purchased and installed the Kenwood DNX-9960 about a month ago and I loved it for the few weeks that I used it....but my wife saw the credit card bill and was not happy. With that being said I am now selling it (and replaced it with a much cheaper used Pioneer...which I am not happy about).

The DNX9960 is the top of the line nav unit on the market and it is in great condition and comes with everything you would get if you purchased it new for $1699 PLUS an IPOD adapter.

I am selling it for $1275 shipped. PM me if you are interested.

I am an avid Ebay seller so please feel free to check my feedback (pr4424).

Below is what Kenwood says about the unit:

The Kenwood Excelon DNX9960 navigation receiver sports a built-in Garmin navigation system that features 3-D views of buildings in many metropolitan areas, along with a VGA screen boasting brightness and detail that's steps ahead of lesser models.

Built-in Garmin navigation
You can expect lightning-fast operation and superior guidance from the receiver's Garmin navigation system, and the built-in NAVTEQ traffic receiver routes you around congestion when you're driving through metropolitan areas. You can tap into millions of points of interest when looking for services and attractions, so you'll have plenty of information at your fingertips, wherever your travels take you.

Music and video options
The USB input and two audio/video inputs give you the connections you need to add other audio sources, game consoles, or thumb drives. Load a CD or DVD with your MP3, WMA, or AAC files, and you'll have a nearly endless supply of fresh driving music. If you add an optional cable, you'll be able to connect your iPod® or iPhone® with convenient control from the touchscreen. You'll find a rear-view camera input for added safety when you're maneuvering in tight spots, and you can use the audio/video output to add video monitors for the rear seats.

Superior sound
Kenwood's 24-bit digital-to-analog converter sends a crisp, clear audio signal to your speakers, and you can use the 5-band EQ and an extensive selection of digital signal processing tools to dial in the right sound for your vehicle. The DNX9960 also includes 5.1-channel decoding and a full set of 5.1 preamp outputs, a feature you'll rarely find on other DVD receivers.

Voice commands
Kenwood's advanced voice command feature lets you control some receiver functions just by speaking, so you can keep your eyes on the road. You can get directions, find a song on your iPod, switch sources, and much more, all without taking your hands off the wheel. An included external microphone ensures your commands are heard loud and clear.

Bluetooth for convenience and safety
Parrot, a leader in Bluetooth technology, has teamed up with Kenwood to bring you hands-free calling in the DNX9960. When a call comes in to your compatible phone, your music mutes and caller ID info shows up on the screen. With a tap of your finger, you'll hear your caller over your vehicle's speakers. You'll talk through the included visor-mount microphone, as you keep your attention on your driving. And as an added bonus, you can stream music from any compatible Bluetooth device.

Add on and enjoy
Add a Kenwood satellite radio tuner to tap into the huge variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music from SIRIUS|XM. With Kenwood's optional HD Radio™ tuner, you'll get the enhanced digital sound quality and additional programming offered by participating AM and FM stations.

Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.

Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Details:

General features:
* in-dash DVD/CD player with internal amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
* 6.95" touchscreen with highly legible VGA display and three selectable GUI
* built-in NAVTEQ Traffic
* voice control
* built-in Bluetooth by Parrot
* fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
* built-in memory for navigation with maps of Canada, USA, and Puerto Rico
* advanced AVN5 chipset for fast GPS processing
Audio/visual features:
* built-in 5.1 channel decoding
* plays DVD, DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW, CD, CD-R/RW, and MP3/WMA/AAC files on disc
* plays JPEGs on CD, DVD, or USB
* 13-band EQ and digital signal processing
Expandability:
* works with Kenwood iPod adapter, HD Radio™ tuner, and satellite radio
* inputs: USB input, 2 A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
* outputs: A/V output; 5.1-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, center, and mono subwoofer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom