Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

XM Radio

AlHewitt

Corvette
1996 LT4 CE Z51 - 2010 LT3 GS
Just receive my 2010 GS and the window sticker as well as the advertisement brochure states a one year subscription to XM comes with the car. During the acceptance discussion with the dealer he presented me with a 90 day subscription. I questioned him and he made a couple of calls to confirm it is a 90 day subscription. Has anyone receive the one year deal in lieu of the 90 day program?
Thanks
Al

I think mine was 90 days from purchase .That was in 09 .I let mine laps in the fall ,actually you have to cancel or they start charging .Anyway all winter long they send me special renewal offers like 5 months for $20 so I pick it up in the spring.

I really like having it.

I just bought an 06 2 months ago and the XM didnt work, but for the last 2 weeks it is working, I dont know if it is a free trial or not, but I hope it just stays on!

It all depends on what interior package you have. The 3LT package has a one year XM subscription, the 1LT has a 3 month. To get the one year XM you have to order the nav system and thats only on the 3LT and 4LT packages

It all depends on what interior package you have. The 3LT package has a one year XM subscription, the 1LT has a 3 month. To get the one year XM you have to order the nav system and thats only on the 3LT and 4LT packages

And I thought I was just special ;shrugAgain I like XM radio.

Just receive my 2010 GS and the window sticker as well as the advertisement brochure states a one year subscription to XM comes with the car. During the acceptance discussion with the dealer he presented me with a 90 day subscription. I questioned him and he made a couple of calls to confirm it is a 90 day subscription. Has anyone receive the one year deal in lieu of the 90 day program?
Thanks
Al
When you buy a GM car you typically get On-Star for one year and XM for 90 days. Are you sure your not confusing the two.

In the mail today I receive from XM verification of a one year subscription with the options I have on the GS. As usual most guys on this list and buying a car like this know more about the features of it than do the dealers.
Does anyone subscribe to On-Star?

In the mail today I receive from XM verification of a one year subscription with the options I have on the GS. As usual most guys on this list and buying a car like this know more about the features of it than do the dealers.

I continued my subscription after 1 free year.

Also, be aware that when your subscriptions expire you can bargain with both XM and On-star for better pricing. Recessions do have their merits!

Yep...I subscribe....I first got it in 2004 on my Yukon. Have had it every since and I not only STILL have it in my Yukon but in my shop AND my Vette....(3) radios...love it...On_Star worth it's money too (safe-sound plan)....have in both Yukon and Vette....especially worthy for Yukon....can't tell ya how many times I have locked keys in my GMC pick-ups and Yukon....one call and within 5 minutes your back on the road....worth every penny....;)

xm radio

mine also expired, also was offered 3-months for 20.00,my take them up on it. you will have to call them or it will renew,...................................................billy:)

I let mine expire, then replaced the user unfriendly NAV system with the Kenwood Garmin unit out of the 2002 I traded in on the 2009 ZR1. Since I already had the unit plus a lifetime subscription to Sirius and FM traffic receiver.

Made me a happy camper!:w

I let mine expire, then replaced the user unfriendly NAV system with the Kenwood Garmin unit out of the 2002 I traded in on the 2009 ZR1. Since I already had the unit plus a lifetime subscription to Sirius and FM traffic receiver.

Made me a happy camper!:w

I can't imagine anyone finding the Nav to be less than user friendly .;LOL

My window sticker clearly states one year XM. I did get a bill from XM after 90 days. After a long call with XM they made it right and added 2 months onto the free 1 year for my troubles.

Good Luck
Rich, Aiken, SC:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom