Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Yeah, I need help

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
Well... my 4+3 OD is not working again. I just pulled the Overdrive off and rebuilt it a few weeks ago. If you have ever built one of these OD units, then you know that they only go together one way. It can only go together the RIGHT way. You can't build it wrong.
So I am thinking maybe it is a switch or the valve body??? When I click the switch, the OD light comes on the dash. So i figure the switch is working.

Have any ideas?

thanx, dan

I'd start by dropping the pan. See what color the fluid is, and what debri if any is laying in the pan. After that drop the valve body and check to see if the valves, especially the OD engage valve is moving freely. Also check the solenoid attached to the valve body, with an ohm meter. You should have between 15 and 30 ohms.

I always tell people to try changeing the relay first . They're cheap , easy to change and cause alot of problems . Cliff

Yeah I'll try cleaning the Valve body. Can't hurt.
I'll check the relay as well, I hope the manual shows where the relay is,
thanx guys

DkBG said:
I always tell people to try changeing the relay first . They're cheap , easy to change and cause alot of problems . Cliff
On my 87, the OD relay is located between the power brake booster and the wiper motor. There are actually two relays there and both are marked with the same part number. The OD relay is the front one and the one behind it is the fuel pump relay. Never hurts to keep a spare relay in the tool box!!

That relay is on the firewall . There's two that look just alike sitting side by side somewhere behind the driver side valve cover . I don't remember which is which , but someone else will chime in and tell you sonn . Cliff

The front one is the OD relay. The back one is the fuel pump relay. They are on the firewall beside the brake booster and the valve cover.

wonder if i can take the relay apart and see if it is good or bad..??
Can I get one at AutoZone, last time i went there, they didn't even know what the 4+3 was. But if it is the same as the fuel pump relay, i could just ask for that. right?

another quick reply..... what if i just switch the fuelpump and OD relay and fire it up. If the pump does not kick on, then I know it's the relay. just a thought

bnvbnvmvnmbnm

Anyone know anything about the pressure switch in the valve body? Mine is broke.

??????????????????????????

NEED HELP NEED HELP

thank you, dan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom