Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

YearOne crate under stock hood?

Corvette
1980 White Coupe L-48
Trying to decide between ZZ4 and YearOne 400hp 355 crate engine for my 1980. I know from others' experiences that the ZZ4 will fit under my stock hood. I believe the YearOne won't fit. Has anyone here put the YearOne engine in a 1980-82? Does it fit with a drop-base air cleaner?

I put the Year One motor in my 71 and needed to put on an L88 hood. The intake is a knock off of the Edelbrock Air Gap. If you put the 1 inch spacer under the carb per their directions you lose even more space. I know your car has a slightly higher hood than my stock 71 hood so it may work but I'd do a search on Air Gap intakes for your year and you'll get a good idea if it will work.

Thanks for the reply, Whiplash. I've read many of your posts with great interest. Love your ride. That's a good idea to search for other postings from people who have an Air Gap manifold. Thanks again.

No problem. BTW you can buy that same motor directly from the builder with some tweaks and same warranty. The motor comes from Derebery http://www.dpmpower.us/smallblock.php You can call them directly and get some feedback too.

Good luck. Drop me a PM any time.

Thanks for the nice comments about my car. :beer

That's the ticket; I'll ask Derebery to put a different intake on it and dyno it and send it to me that way and still get the warranty. That's what I was looking for! Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom