Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Yellow ZR1

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Did anyone happen to see the yellow ZR1 with red interior in Corvette Fever a few months ago?
Might have been the Jan '01 issue. What do you think of the combination?

I already have red interior parts for Project C10-R but definitely want to paint the old pickumup Millennium Yellow. Guess I just need to be bold and do it.

Tom

I have seen that car up close and personal, It was in Bud Schoenlebens collection here in Ohio. He is the owner of Buds Chevrolet. Neat one off ZR-1!!

Color Theory 101

59Tom,
As a watercolor artist, I see you've chosen a vibrant way of setting off both colors! Generally, yellow and red are considered 'warm' colors. However, within each color family....are colors considered 'warm' and 'cool'.
Example using watercolor paint names:
Cadmium Yellow (warm) Lemon Yellow (cool)
Cadmium Red (warm) Alizarin Crimson (cool)
Winsor Blue (warm) French Ultramarine (cool)

If you use both warm or both cool colors, they blend very nicely together and are pleasing to the eye.

When you mix a warm and a cool color, you get a 'push-pull' effect on the eye....the cool color will want to recede, and the warm color will want to come forward. They compete. This combination can be very exciting!
For a car, I'd choose a warm body color and a cool interior color.
Silver

yellow

Thanks Silver. If I use Millennium Yellow with the darker red interior I should achieve the warm outside/cool inside combo. I can see it in my mind (what there is). On my web page (see profile) you can see the dark red on the firewall and the seat sitting in back. The yellow is standard street dept. Not what I'll use.

Canzr1,

I go by Bud's all the time when working. too bad they don't keep the Corvettes at the store by US33. I might try to get down there for their Corvette show this spring.

Tom

That car is owned by a Registry member in MN now.
Clint Hooper
LT5 Registry

I have a 1994 ZR-1....production # 75**.....one of the two special builds done in 1994, and the only Competition Yellow with Torch Red Interior produced, at least in 1994. It also happens to have the Z07 package. When I bought it, the gentleman said something about it being one of a kind, but I didn't take it that serious......that is until this morning. I came across the production numbers for C4 Corvettes, and he wasn't kidding. I've had it 5 years, kept it under cover and maintained, has low mileage, never once been driven in the rain or mud, and thank goodness. Production date 11/17/93 build # 75**. First I noticed ** after its #, and there was only one other #74 that had ** from 11/16, so I continued reading to find out what the ** meant.
Misc Production Notes:
**1994- Two Special ZR-1's were built (1) Admiral Blue with Torch Red Interior
(2) Competition Yellow with Red Interior
I realized that I actually own one(#2) of those special two ZR-1's, which also has the Z07 package as well!

Attachments

• Corvette.jpg
    Corvette.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74

shebecd,​

See my post from your other thread. I need to see pictures of your motor, Please.

Sorry it took me so long to post pics Tom.
CorvetteMotor2.jpg

Attachments

• Corvette Motor1.jpg
    Corvette Motor1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 45
  • CorvetteDrSide.jpg
    CorvetteDrSide.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 48
Yea, that's NOT an LT5 (the engine that would be in a ZR-1. That's the LT1 the base engine in 1994. So my suspicions were correct. I know it doesn't make any difference to you, and that's great. But the rarity has gone down some.

The car is stunning though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom