Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Your vette got totaled, buy used C1-5 or new C-6?

Your vette got totaled, buy used C1-5 or new C-6?

• Total voters
B

Blade

If your current Corvette were totaled , would you buy another used Vette or get a new C6?

BTW: It was not your fault, you're getting a check from the moron's insurance company!

Considering this would be sometime in the future and all the new C6s were available I would get the new Z06.

Drive careful and watchout for the other guy!

C5 Z06 would be what I would buy..

I'd probably buy a preowned 2002 Z06 for ~35 grand because they are such awesome values..

or buy a new Z06 for around 43 grand...

If the C6 Z06 were out..I'd buy that hands down.

I think I'd have to buy that spiral grey 2004 coupe I've been eyeing up. Damn....that's a nice ride !!!!! :)

I think I would stick with my 81 or another C3,maybe even an early C4

Definitely another C3...... nothing against the newer ones, just hooked on the sharks.

An eye for an eye-

I say buy what ya had before. If you didn't want it anymore... you would have sold it already. Besides you weren't driving it anyways because you were trying to keep the miles off before you sold it!!!!

Lord, I couldnt afford the hike in my Tag and Insurance!!!

I think the C-6 looks btchn! Like the fixed lamps and the round lamps in the rear. The interior looks as if it were well thought out. I know the FLP mount has the aerodynamics of a cement block, but you don't need them here in SC.

So what if I'd have to come up with a bunch of money, I've got 20 years til retirement, unless the OL can get a job making a salary on which she can support me in the level of comfort I would like to become accustomed!

New C6...........I see the C2 coupe in the lines and it is calling to me $$$

All things being equal, Id buy a 1967 tri-power 427. No wait, I couldn't afford it in 1967 either. Guess I'd just get an early C-5

NC 50anny said:
If your current Corvette were totaled , would you buy another used Vette or get a new C6?

BTW: It was not your fault, you're getting a check from the moron's insurance company!
I would try to find a "leftover" 04 Magnetic Red roadster which is what I did yesterday! I dont like the C6 "a little"! The interior, IMO, looks like a Pontiac, the front looks like a Mitsubishi/Viper whatever and the rear they never finished. This will be my tenth vette and its the first time Ive gone "backwords"! I saw the C6 at the auto show and thats what clinched it.

I would get another Z.....do not like to buy 1st year models....

Very SAD day today. I have to make this decision. While parked in front
of my work today a Beater hit my 00' C-5. It looks to me like it should
be a total loss, and I will fight to the end with my insurance company if they
say different, my body shop guy tells me I dont want the car after it's
repaired, he says it'll never be the same after a repair like this, not to mention
the lower resale value.

Anyone have a date of when the new C-6 will be available?

I just not sure if I can be without!

Ouch. glad you were not in it at the time - could have been needing replacement parts for you!

I don't have a clue on the C6 availability - but, there are some great deals on C5s if you would rather have a smaller payment, tag, and insurance!

Goodluck and keep us posted
Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom