Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Z06 Battery Tender/How To Install For Convenience

tim414

Corvette
2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue
Anyone have any idea how to install a battery tender so it's convenient and easy....since battery in back I cannot do what I did with my Z51 Roadster. How can I attach power plug to battery and leave the other end where I can connect right up to tender without having to raise rear hatch to access the battery compartment??? Anyone have idea???

My Z51 Roadster I attached a line to battery and had a male plug on other end. I attached the female plug to output side of battery tender and mounted it so it was handy. Hide the line on Vette just under the battery side of hood so all I had to do was walk up to Vette and plug it in....I all for handy and convenience....any ideas greatly appreciated....thanks Tim

Since I haven't been around a C6 much but have other GM vehicles, look under the hood for a jump start terminal. GM likes big ones with red plastic caps. If C6s don't have one, you could tie into the alternator output lead. Any solid close ground will do.

If you are going to use the tender for "extended periods," I would connect it via alligator clamps to the jumping terminals listed in the manual. I've used these terminals for my charger many times over the years.

Are you looking for something permanent or temporary? When I put her up for the winter last year, I did what Norty said. Connected to the pickups under the hood and ran the male cable up and over the front fender. Connected that to the tender's female pickup and placed it next to the car. This off-season, I might try to figure out a way to run the cable down and out from underneath so I don't have to worry about the finish. ;LOL

Save the :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom