Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Deal or No Deal

This has been the hardest decision buying a car that I have ever made. The way business is right now I'm not prepared to make the jump. I would have had to finance and I've only done that twice out of the 19 that I have bought. I'll keep saving until financing isn't an issue and see what 2009 brings us economicly. I'm afraid harder times are ahead of us.

Thanks for all the support.
Happy Holidays
Sal

Don't give up.I went threw the same thing .I just didn't dare.I didn't dare for 9 months but once I finally pulled the trigger I felt good.:)Keep us posted.

This has been the hardest decision buying a car that I have ever made. The way business is right now I'm not prepared to make the jump. I would have had to finance and I've only done that twice out of the 19 that I have bought. I'll keep saving until financing isn't an issue and see what 2009 brings us economicly. I'm afraid harder times are ahead of us.

Thanks for all the support.
Happy Holidays
Sal

That sounds like a very prudent decision. I don't think we've seen the worst of the economic situation either. I'm trying to pull in tighter than even before too, and hope we'll be able to ride it out.

Tammy

I've located an 08 Black Z06 with 6,000 miles, chrome wheels and Nav, 2 LZ. Is $54,000 an incredible deal or just average. I'm ready to buy but concerned the market will fall even more. I need your input. You guys (and gals) always talk strait. So what do you think?

Best regards,
Sal
That is a good price, not great. Do I think prices will continue to fall?What do you think. @*LL yes, everything of value is still going down. Seen house prices lately. The real question is, do you want a great car at a good price and have nothing but fun owning it. Or, are you worried someone else might get a better deal in 3 weeks? If you want a Z, I would get it. I purchased my 07 Z for 70 new. My dealer is now offering new 08s for 64,000. Wish I would have waited? Nah, I have had that much fun. Besides you will never be able to predict the absolute bottom of the market.Do you wait forever?

I just hate financing a depreciating asset. I haven't financed a car since 1982. I can borrow on my credit line for about $240 a month but I just don't feel right doing it. I'll save until I can pay most of it in cash. I'm also worried I'll be bored with it. I bought a Viper last Christmas and now it just sits there. So time to sit back and see what happens while I save a few bucks.

Cheers to all.:beer
Sal

Well I did it! Bought an 08 Black Z06, 2LZ, nav and polished wheels. Only 1,144 miles. Got an awesome deal. Better than I thought I would. The car is being picked up in CA and is supposed to be here by New Years eve. I'll post pics if I can figure it out.

Merry Christmas to me. It seems every Christmas I'm buying a new ride. This is year 3.

Well I did it! Bought an 08 Black Z06, 2LZ, nav and polished wheels. Only 1,144 miles. Got an awesome deal. Better than I thought I would. The car is being picked up in CA and is supposed to be here by New Years eve. I'll post pics if I can figure it out.

Merry Christmas to me. It seems every Christmas I'm buying a new ride. This is year 3.
Congratulations! I think you made a better decision buy a car with less miles. That 6K mile car probably never had the oil changed. I like to change my first oil at no more than 3K miles. Hopefully this one will be a good car.

The anticipation is killing me. :ohnoes:W

I can't wait until it gets here. :D:beer:Twist:m:dancenaughty:lou:drool::lou

I know how you feel. I waited about 6 days for my Z16 coming from Chicago.
Just cureous, how did you find your car, what source.
If I was going to buy a new Z it would have to be black also.... or maybe cyber grey.
Congrats..

I know how you feel. I waited about 6 days for my Z16 coming from Chicago.
Just cureous, how did you find your car, what source.
If I was going to buy a new Z it would have to be black also.... or maybe cyber grey.
Congrats..

Ebay, 1,100 miles and paid $52,600. I think I stole it since I still see 06's and 07's for 50+. It's a 2LZ car with nav and polished.

I've located an 08 Black Z06 with 6,000 miles, chrome wheels and Nav, 2 LZ. Is $54,000 an incredible deal or just average. I'm ready to buy but concerned the market will fall even more. I need your input. You guys (and gals) always talk strait. So what do you think?

Best regards,
Sal

I paid just about that on my 08' in December of 07'.
Do you really think prices are going to fall that much more?
I'm looking at an 09' Z06 with 2LZ package and the dealer is not willing to go below 67k.
If your sitting on the fence and have to think about 54k on a Z06 - go home and foggetaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:W

It's about time you pulled the trigger. I was getting ready to send a box of Kleenex over. You can't put a price on happiness and you can never time the bottom of the market. Now drive it like you stole it. Good luck.

I paid just about that on my 08' in December of 07'.
Do you really think prices are going to fall that much more?
I'm looking at an 09' Z06 with 2LZ package and the dealer is not willing to go below 67k.
If your sitting on the fence and have to think about 54k on a Z06 - go home and foggetaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:W

You paid 52k for an 08 Z06 in 2007 or a C6 coupe?? How many miles? The 09's are starting to see the low 60's with a few miles on them.

Do you get the Z tomorrow? I am excited for you. I look forward to seeing the Pics!:thumb

You paid 52k for an 08 Z06 in 2007 or a C6 coupe?? How many miles? The 09's are starting to see the low 60's with a few miles on them.

I wish!

I bought a new 08' Atomic Orange coupe.

BTW - CONGRATULATIONS, what a great Christmas present.

I'll add my congrats, too, Sal!!

Merry Christmas to you!!

If you need help with photos let me know. I'm anxious to see the new beast!

:wJane Ann

Thanks everyone. I already ordered exhaust and a procharger. I'm looking for reccomendayions on an air breather system. Any ideas?

Jane Ann- I may inlist your help since I still don't know squat about inserting photos. I'll email you a few. Thanks

The driver called and is going to be here late tonight or first thing in the morning. I kind of hope it's tonight or I'll never sleep.

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks everyone. I already ordered exhaust and a procharger. I'm looking for reccomendayions on an air breather system. Any ideas?
If you have install a Procharger it will have it's own intake if you are referring to the filter system.

If you have install a Procharger it will have it's own intake if you are referring to the filter system.

I'm going to try a tune, exhaust and air intake first. Eventually it gets blown but my friend who installs them wants me to try other mods before jumping in with both feet.

It's here!!!!! Came in late last night. Except for some light clear coat scratches and the alarm going off by itself, it's perfect.

Jane Ann is going to post some photos when she has time. I'll post some in my gallery.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! :beer

Sal

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom