Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Exhaust Swap

J

jrizz1

I was planning to put the Corsa Pace Car mufflers on my 2000 to give it a louder sound. I have found a pair of slightly used 2003 Z06 mufflers for sale. Will this system give a noticably louder tone to a stock car? The Z06 set will cost about $350. Also, is the X pipe really needed for an everyday driver?

I have the corsa touring on mine and I would consider them louder and deeper than the stock Z06 exhaust. The pace cars will be louder than the touring for sure.

The ZO6 exhaust will sound a little bit better than stock but not enough to warrant the expense IMHO. I went with a the Corsa Pace Car setup with a X-Pipe and got the kind of sound I was looking for. The ZO6 exhaust will save you weight but that's about all.

I recently put on the Corsa Pace Car exhaust on my 02 without a crossover pipe. As revs go higher sound is great but there is no resonance when cruising at highway speeds under 2k turns.

I don't think the C5 Z06 exhaust is going to make a significant difference in sound from your stock one, but exhaust sound is a very personal taste.

Let's just say anything sounds better then the stock exhaust.
Like jrose7004 said, the Z06 exhaust is much lighter.
I replaced the stock exhaust on my 98 with the Z06 exhaust and I like it. I wasn't looking for loud, just a little more rumble.
As Roc pointed out, everybody has different tastes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom