Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 shopping

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
I, again, am shopping for a used Z06. Are there any of the years that I want to stay away from or years that are just a little bit better than other years and may not cost much more? Where would I look for a used one? Like craigslist in various cities or is there a publication that might specialize in them or a dealer that might specialize in Z06es? Is there an area in the country that has detrimental effects on all cars and stay away from those areas might be a good idea?

08-up easier to drive fast because of retuned suspension
11 most powerful due to the X-pipe, 2-cat exhaust
12-13 more powerful due to X-pipe, 4-cat exhaust

11-13s with MR are the best riding.

How interesting and very informative. Thank you. I have a 2006 Z06 and seemed to get around all that was mentioned. Suspension? Coilovers and reversed spring rate - higher in front vs back. X-pipe installed with the headers. Since there were only a couple of things mentioned, that is all I could think of. I would replace the brakes certainly. Fundamentally a good car, but the stock differences are minor and thus usually indicated they should be upgraded. If GM thought of it, you can too.

Any C6Z with low miles and hasn't been abused or modified will serve you well. Too bad you're so far away, I'd sell you my fully optioned (except NAV), always garaged and pampered Machine Silver w/Ebony&Titanium interior 2006 with only 4,100 miles on the clock. It still smells new.
Good luck with your search. :beer

Z06

Any C6Z with low miles and hasn't been abused or modified will serve you well. Too bad you're so far away, I'd sell you my fully optioned (except NAV), always garaged and pampered Machine Silver w/Ebony&Titanium interior 2006 with only 4,100 miles on the clock. It still smells new.
Good luck with your search. :beer

Vetmaniac, how much are you asking for your Z06? Hows the tires, which rims? Thanks!

:thumb

Vetmaniac, how much are you asking for your Z06? Hows the tires, which rims? Thanks!

:thumb

$45k. Tires are OEM GY RFs with good even tread; never curbed. Wheels are OEM chrome split-spokes; not a scratch on any. I am the original owner, bought car new 01/06. Have all original documentation, including window sticker and all service receipts. Meticulously maintained. New OEM battery installed last fall and entire brake system flushed/refilled...just to be safe. No issues. Add-ons include:

- LG manual exhaust bypass switch (console mounted - looks OEM)
- Color-matched GM full-width rear spoiler, door handles, rear tag frame
- Removeable front tag mount bracket from Top Flight Reproductions
- Lloyd's mats front/rear
- 10 coats Rejex

All original parts included.

Last edited:
$45k. Tires are OEM GY RFs with good even tread; never curbed. Wheels are OEM chrome split-spokes; not a scratch on any. I am the original owner, bought car new 01/06. Have all original documentation, including window sticker and all service receipts. Meticulously maintained. New OEM battery installed last fall and entire brake system flushed/refilled...just to be safe. No issues. Add-ons include:

- 10 coats Rejex

:thumb That's not a bad deal with those miles!

Contact info

- 10 coats Rejex

Vetamatic,

Boy, you are a corvette person for sure after looking at all the corvettes you have owned on your personal information.I don't know anyone who has had some many corvettes. That's fantastic! If I was interested in buying your Z06; how would I contact you for questions etc.?

Vetamatic,

Boy, you are a corvette person for sure after looking at all the corvettes you have owned on your personal information.I don't know anyone who has had some many corvettes. That's fantastic! If I was interested in buying your Z06; how would I contact you for questions etc.?

Yep, caught the fever at only 8-years old when my uncle purchased a brand new, all Charcoal Metallic (matching coves), 283/290hp 1958 fuel-injected Corvette with 4-speed, the now very rare heavy duty brakes/suspension option (RPO684) (at the time, I thought my uncle was too cheap to spring for the full wheel covers) and radio delete (he bought it for SCCA circuit racing at Marlboro, MD, the same closed course where somer guy named Roger Penske got his start). He took mercy on me in 1969 when I was attending college and an elderly woman ran a stop sign and totaled my '61 VW bug - he sold me the Corvette for $1.

Sorry, not interested in shipping the car (been there; done that; never again).

Last edited:
I would be interested in hearing your horror story on the shipping. I am about to buy a Z06 across country and am debating to fly and drive or to ship.

Perry

The greatest cruise in the world is the drive home after picking up your new (or new to you) Vette. It gets better as the distance gets longer. I've driven across the country five times to pick up new rides. It's a great bonding experience with a new car. I highly recommend it.

The greatest cruise in the world is the drive home after picking up your new (or new to you) Vette. It gets better as the distance gets longer. I've driven across the country five times to pick up new rides. It's a great bonding experience with a new car. I highly recommend it.

Interesting, I have never thought of it that way, just more miles on the car, but I think you could have a point.

That was my ultimate decision. I flew to Austin from San Diego yesterday, did the deal and am on a Austin/Houston/San Diego trip to get it home. It will add 50% of its current mileage but given it doesn't have many to begin with I see that more as a fun thing than a bad thing.

And maybe by the time I get there I will know most of the differences between the C6Z06 and my C4 40th Anniversary Roadster or my now gone C5 Z06.

Last edited:
Interesting, I have never thought of it that way, just more miles on the car, but I think you could have a point.

Cars are meant to be driven. You can't pay the cost of a Corvette, insurance, taxes and upkeep and put it in the garage - or worse yet, allow the next owner to drive the best part of the car's life. The Vette isn't like a Jag or Ferrari, miles are cheap.

2 months after we took delivery of my wife's C6, my company transferred me from LA to MI. My company paid to have the car shipped. It went in an in-closed trailer and arrived in perfect condition. I don't remember the carrier though.

The 1800 mile drive back to the Left Coast was a nice bonding experience for both the car and I. It is actually quite a comfortable long distance driver. I did buy a case of water and a load of cheap wash cloths at a Wal Mart in West Tx and stopped every hour to clean the bugs off the front, the windshield and the mirrors. Got 25 mpg at 80-82 cruise control speeds on the way back. (speed limit was 75 or 80 on I 10 most all the way to the Kalifornia border.)

Car is now registered in the State of Kalifornia, has been shod with new shoes (Michelin PSSs in 285/345 sizes), has been lowered on stock bolts and is now being driven regularly.

Sweet! Pictures would be nice now.....:thumb

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom