Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Spy Shot

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Looks like Jim Dunne may have done it again!

2006 model Z06 reportedly packs a 7.0-liter 500-hp V8. (Photo by Jim Dunne/Popular Mechanics)
Supercar Spy Shootout! Our snappers catch Chevy C6 Z06, Toyota Supra and Ferrari F430

A trifecta of hot spy shots arrived this week, including the much-anticipated C6-based Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Toyota’s next Supra super sports car, and the drop-top version of Ferrari’s latest, the F430. Though spy shots of the Z06 version of the C6 Corvette don’t appear to reveal much, we can discern that engineer David Hill’s latest high-performance creation may come with a first-ever-for-Z06 removable hardtop. Reports of a possible air scoop at the leading edge of the hood, however, appear unfounded.

http://www.autoweek.com

• Admin
And obviously these pictures are extremely revealing. We can see the slight arch over the rear wheel wells and 10-spoke wheels. That's it. ;LOL

Rob,

You know best..

I'm looking at this and I can see the slight change in the rear arch but thats about my limit of whats there...

I'm sure its a mule..

Thanks for the zoom in of the photos..I see a little more of what your talking about..

JB

[NEWS] C6 Corvette Z06, Ferrari F430 Spider spied; AutoWeek is there

May as well include pictures of the others, eh? ;)

From AutoBlog:

C6 Corvette Z06, Ferrari F430 Spider spied; AutoWeek is there

Posted Oct 12, 2004, 9:30 AM ET by Christopher Diken

Well maybe not so much right there— they probably just know people who know people who have the right kind of cameras, designed specially for capturing preproduction cars invisible to your regular tourist-variety lenses. AW’s best snag here is the Z06, which seems to feature a removable hardtop, lightweight wheels, Brembo binders, and, since these spy photo cameras double as portable X-ray machines, a 500-hp 7.0 liter V8. Regarding the the Ferrari F430: zoinks Scooby, it looks exactly like the coupe, but it has a black canvas top and is hardly disguised otherwise— although those red mirrors really threw me for a loop. AutoWeek also stakes a late claim on the new Toyota sports car (codename TXS) we posted about last week, which they think could possibly be the next Supra even though it’s rumored to sticker for over $100K. If that’s true (which I’m pretty sure it isn’t), offering a $100K+ Supra could be the biggest worst-est most horrible-est mistake of Toyota’s life.

2006 model Z06 reportedly packs a 7.0-liter 500-hp V8. (Photo by Jim Dunne/Popular Mechanics)

Supercar Spy Shootout! Our snappers catch Chevy C6 Z06, Toyota Supra and Ferrari F430

AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 10/12/04

A trifecta of hot spy shots arrived this week, including the much-anticipated C6-based Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Toyota’s next Supra super sports car, and the drop-top version of Ferrari’s latest, the F430.

Though spy shots of the Z06 version of the C6 Corvette don’t appear to reveal much, we can discern that engineer David Hill’s latest high-performance creation may come with a first-ever-for-Z06 removable hardtop. Reports of a possible air scoop at the leading edge of the hood, however, appear unfounded. The car also sports typical Z06 features, such as wider tires tucked behind flared front and rear fenders, and lighter-weight, two-piece 10-spoke wheels. We also note red Brembo brake calipers tucked behind the wheels. The 2006 model Z06 reportedly packs a 7.0-liter 500-hp V8, and debuts at the Detroit auto show in January.

Meanwhile, Toyota is cooking up its own limited-production supercar, one that will either be the next Supra (with a possible TXS badge) or a high-end sports car for Lexus. The car caught testing is believed to be an early engineering mule for a 500-hp, 370-lb-ft V10-powered car. Weighing less than 3000 pounds, the sports car is expected to readily run to 190 mph.

1018n-toysupera.jpg
The Toyota sports car is expected to readily run to 190 mph. (Photo by Brenda Priddy & Company)

Sources say Toyota is eyeing a 2005 Tokyo Motor Show introduction, with an on-sale date in late 2006 or early 2007. Pricing will be in excess of $100,000 for one of an estimated 12,000 that Toyota plans to produce.

Last, but certainly not least, Ferrari is following up the successful Paris Motor Show premiere of its F430, which claimed AutoWeek’s Best in Show award (AW, Oct. 11), with an F430 Spider. Like the F430 coupe, the Spider is powered by the same 4.3-liter 483-hp V8. The canvas-topped model, fitted with dual roll bars, should be on sale by mid-2005.

1018n-Ferrari-430a.jpg
The Spider is powered by a 4.3-liter 483-hp V8. (Photo by Hans G. Lehmann/Hidden Image)

:v (I love cars!) :cool

I saw these pictures in Autoweek, too. Notice how much better the car sits than the standard C6--it really hunches over the wheels and tires and looks much tougher. Chevy should make the wheel, tire and wheel arch extensions an option on standard C6s-----like the C5, guys are already talking about lowering the C6 to take care of the baby buggy look. GM styling really needs to pay attention to the interplay between top of tire and fender. The new Mustang GT has been praised for getting these proportions right without having to lower the car.

--Chris Kennedy

If that's the ZO6 then I hear a major deflation of the excitement balloon. Wa Wa Wa!!! I do not like the coupe look with the long rear window. I like the C6 but the ZO6 needs more disguishing features.

7 liter 500hp? Looks like they're gunning directly for the other 500hp American cars: Viper and Ford GT.:D I think the Z06 will definitely be more affordable than the other two.

I read an article where some dealer called Jay Leno to see if he was interested in a GT. Leno asked him how much and the guy said something north of the $300K mark.;LOL

It will be more drivable also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom