Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 vs Convertable

If you're can wait til '03, the Z is going to be the same, but you might like the new mag ride system that'll be available on the convertible.

Unless you like pewter, which will no longer be available.

Sold my 01 vert for a 01 Z06. NO REGRETS and no comparison. My hair is thinning anyway.

Good Luck

SCS

If you haven't already made your decision, go with the convertible. You just have more options. The issue is really with power/performance vs. open air. I have over 500hp in my vette & I can even put the top down. As for performance...it's a vette! What more is there to say...

I would do the vert too.

Radar :upthumbs

Go with the vert, take it to Lingenfelter and spend as much as you can afford (or the wife will allow). You've got the best of both worlds and you won't regret it. I made the mistake of owning a ZR1. Much more hp can be found by bolting on the mods. The Z06 (like the ZR1) is over rated.

Vipereater

http://members.cox.net/nemesis_moxie_corvettes/

Remo: glad to hear your decision on the convertible. I will always and forever opt for one myself!

My advice regarding letting it sit and look pretty for months...move out here to California! Convertible weather, 24/7 and we could always use some more Corvettes on the road here to counteract the rice-burners!

Have fun!

Ctfoodguy2000 said:
dvdvrd: what mods have you done or had done to get you over 500 hp??

See www.westcoastcorvettes.com, I think my vette is still listed on their website - it's the 99 black convertible. It's got the Stage 5 kit w/Borla exhaust + others (too much to list).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom