Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 With an Automatic Transmission . . ?

btw in featured articles over the years the Dual clutch sequential transmission is a few hundred dollars more to produce and install than a standard transmission.

What the manufacturers decide to charge is their own business.

VW and Audi charge about 1200 dollars over the standard manual transmission where as porsche will probably charge a similiar surcharge of what they charge for the tiptronic torque converter automatic they presently offer. I haven't priced it but I believe its a porsche tax number in the area of at least 5 grand..Their dual clutch should be in that area of ridiculousness just because they are porsche. (not because its truly warranted but because they can get it )

GM could do Dual clutch sequential shift technology for about 1200 dollars easy and thats what the consumer would pay... (about the cost of the automatic torque convertor they presently have in the C6 coupe. )

Automatic Blues

I had a C6 convertible with Auto Tranny...it lasted a week and 144 miles...traded it in for the ZO6.
I've had alot of vettes, nothing is better than the manual tranny! True sports car gear.

Clutch pedal problems on all models or just the "Zs"

Just sold my 04 coupe auto trans. Test drove a ZO6 and a Z51 coupe today. Loved the manual tranny, but I don't need any headaches. Especiaaly since I can't tell the difference a wrench and a hula hoop.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom