Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z16 and other '04 Z06 info.

Corvette
1981 white/blue interior automatic
Hey everyone,

I don't usually post in this section, but I've got a few questions I hope some of you can answer. I absolutely love the Z16 Z06, and if I could have any other 'vette it would be this one. I have looked on z16.org and in the model center, but I still have a few questions left after all the research.

1. On the Z16 optioned Z06, was black the only available interior, or was there a black/red like in previous Z06s?

2. Not all Z06s in '04 came with the Z16 option, did they?

3. What is current market for one? Low $40k range for a low mile car?

4. How many were produced (just Z16 Z06s), 2,025?

Thats it for now, thanks for any replies.

-Tatortot

22229stingray81 said:
Hey everyone,

I don't usually post in this section, but I've got a few questions I hope some of you can answer. I absolutely love the Z16 Z06, and if I could have any other 'vette it would be this one. I have looked on z16.org and in the model center, but I still have a few questions left after all the research.

1. On the Z16 optioned Z06, was black the only available interior, or was there a black/red like in previous Z06s?

-Tatortot

Tator,

A lot of your questions can be answered right here:

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/z06

Thanks Rob! I was already there, but got confused on a few things. I looked at a few more websites and I think I answered #2 & 4. I'm pretty sure they only came in black interior too, however now I raise the question of is "Z06" on the seat headrest, or the crossed flags? I'm sure I read "Z06" on the press release when the first came out.. however I just saw one with the crossed flags... I'm thinking the owner changed it. Thanks again!

-Tatortot

22229stingray81 said:
Hey everyone,

-Tatortot

Some answers for you Tatortot:
1) All Z16's had black interior except 1, #105 has a "Mod Red" interior. It was special ordered by a GM executive. He wanted it to match his '96 Gran Sport. (it must be nice to have that authority)

2) 2004 Z16's are the only Blue Z06's. You could not get a blue standard Z06. All Blue coupes and verts are "Commemorative Editions".

3) Average prices I have seen have been $39k to low $40's

4) 2004 Z16's production :2025

On the headrests are the silver C-5 (cross flags) emblems specific for Z16's only.

Doug :beer

Wow thanks a lot Doug! Exactly what I wanted to know. I wonder why they decided to put the special flags on the headrests and not integrate the Z06 too? Oh well.. maybe I'll own one of these babies some day.

-Tatortot

22229stingray81 said:
Wow thanks a lot Doug! Exactly what I wanted to know. I wonder why they decided to put the special flags on the headrests and not integrate the Z06 too? Oh well.. maybe I'll own one of these babies some day.

-Tatortot

Your welcome. My guess that they didn't incorporate the Z06 logo was that it would be to "busy" looking. Who knows?
There is some good deals out there and hope you find a Z16 for yourself. good luck.

Doug :beer

I hope I find one too.. I'm trying to talk my parents into one as they have caught the 'vette bug as well. Wish me luck!

-Tatortot

Just so you know, this is the car to get!!

FUN FACTOR = 10 !

-Bill.:D

JETZ,
Did you modify your brake rotors and calipers?They look larger in your pic..Jim

WOW!!!
Can't believe I said that about a set of brakes..The whole package looks awsome..Great job. Jim

Hi Jim, check out the for sale forum on the Z16 website. The link is in my sig.

They come up time to time. Then there is always eBay.

Good luck in your search.:beer
Doug

Hey Tatortot I'm just up the road from you and if you want to check out my Z16 I'd be more than happy to let you look see it

100_0514a.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom