Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z3 vs C5

Where did you get the 315 h/p from? Here is the down on the h/p:

Z3 with 2.3 = 170 @5500
Z3 with 2.8 = 193 @5500
M Roadster with 3.2 = 240 @6000 @3650lbs.

The Z3 is a fun little car and the M Roadster version stands it's groun fairly well but be realistic and don't compare it to the Corvette. Stat per stat it's in a differant class.

In 2001 the HP was bumped to 315 in a 3086lb package. The original M Roadster came with 240 and don't confuse it with the M3 of that year which is likely the weight you quoted. Totally different car.

Leon

He is probably doing a little reverse physiology on you. Deep down this guy is jealous of the fact that you own a vette (he doesn’t), he fell into the trap of buying what he thought was a cool fast car only to get his :Buttslap by a really cool fast car, and now he has to spend large $$$$ to even get in the ballpark with a vette.

Of course, this guy isn't alone. Heck the ricers are the worse when it comes to trash talking about the vettes. The worse are the WRX ricers. At least the Beamer crowd has yet to put fart cans and those very large aircraft wings on their cars. I’ve gotten to the point that when Ricer Boys hit on me to run them, I have to ask if they are gas worthy before giving them a good:SLAP ing. Kind-a like the Seinfeld show were Elane as the guy if he is sponge worthy :boogie.

What is it with these ricers? :mad Every time I bring the Vette down the Jersey Shore they attack like flies on s**t ! Twice so far I have blown them off but I have stopped now because I really don't want to chance a ticket or worse. So now I ignore them and let them go home and tell their friends they beat a vette,lol :boogie

I hear-ya. I equate them with gnats:chuckle. Small and a real PITA. With gnats, the more you swat at them the pesker they get. I've gotten to the point that I just smile and wave at them. They soon get mad and find someone else to pester. I did watch one of the ricers get pulled over. He was doing everything he could to get me to run him. He got mad about the whole deal and decided he would show me anyway what his Jap rice would do. He didn't get too far. A Conn. cop was waiting on him in the median strip:L.

Yep, not worth it.

:w

H.D.

My wife just picked up a new 2007 Cadillac DTS (the performance model) that's been on order for over 4 months and while at the dealership I noticed they had an BMW M3 convertible (are they all?) in black on black for sale for $12,500; and it looked almost new. Some young guy traded it in a new carryover 2004 Caddy CTS-V (the one with the Corvette chassis and the Z06 engine and a six speed manual). The CTS listed for $60,000 and they sold it new for $35,000.

The manager said the M3 was a glorified Miata and he hoped to see it out-of-state over eBay as he knew he would have complaints on it the first time the new owner got a $2,000 bill for an oil change and routine maintenance.

He said real car guys won't touch a BMW out of warranty because of the price of parts and service.

Moron Manager

Tell the "manager" he's a moron. Quite a few Real Car Guys do their own mainteneance because they like working on interesting machinery, saving money in the process. That would make owning a BMW easier. If they don't do their own, they find a good shop that knows what they're doing, which usually hooks you up with other enthusuasts, making the ownership more enjoyable.
Cheap pot-shots at BMW are just not possible - too much engineering capability too deny.
He sold a $60,000 ride for $35,000, huh? What's that say about him or the car he sold?
As for taking on a C5 or C6 with a Z3 - not a good idea, they're totally different rides. Ya wouldn't take on a stock Bugatti Vyron with a stock C6, would ya?

Leno

So, I was having lunch with Jay, and Wayne comes over to the table and says ... hey Lenno is that your ride I just wacked ??

;)

Come on. What's the actual real world chance that any of we mortals are gonna' get toe to toe with a Veyron at a stoplight?

:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom