Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z51 badge on a C6...yes or no???

Over on another of these wonderful 'Vette forums, I asked for opinions and got treated like I set fire to a church...then the admin/mod locked the thread...got a couple of PM's basically scolding me for even bringing up the subject...just looking for opinions...go figure!! :confused
I like to think our members are more civilized than that. Hope it isn't wishful thinking.

I'm not sure I would add a badge if it were mine, but I certainly don't find it offensive, and it isn't "false advertising" (like putting a Z06 badge on it). I guess I'm on the fence.

............Titts............. :L
For some reason, I had another word in mind ;LOL

Tammy

Another word

Shame on you Tammy.;)

First of all, for 95 bucks I wouldn't buy that junk.
Second, the design is also junk, if you look closely the 1 could also be an l and the 5 is poor designed too.

What do you think of this chrome machined replica Z51 badge..(same design as a C6/Z06 badge) on a C6 /Z51 Coupe....Yes or No??? :confused

DCP_0003-1.jpg

Stinger,

If you weren't aware of the hazards of asking opinions before - I'd bet you are now. ;)

The bottom line here is... it's your Corvette - you pay the bills so do what you like. If your Vette has the Z51 option and you wish to display the emblem on the fender, then go for it.

:w Jane Ann

I know that's why it looks cheap and when you sell the car you will find the factory cars sell easier than the modified cars because people don't care for each others personal touches. It's a personal thing but since the car comes from the factory in the purest form it is worth more in the long run and more reliable with less problems. Would you buy a 67 Corvette with a 350 in it side pipes with flares and mag wheels on slicks with electronic dashboard and diamond tuck interior?

I must admit that I really don't care about my car's resale value. It is my car and I will do what I want with it. There are so many C5 and C6 cars out there that I will not live long enough to see any collector value for either platform. So I say that it is your car and you should do whatever you want to with it.

If you must have emblems 427 and 454 are the ones to have:r :cool :r

cool

How bout some nice big fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror?:)

Personally, I prefer the ones posted by z51c6er - they seem to be better designed, IMO. In my case, I shaved all the original emblems off my '74 - got tired of cleaning wax from the "Stingray" script, and they didn't really fit the race-inspired image I was looking for. I did replace the nose and gas filler emblems with C5 pieces. It really updated the look in a suble way. Subtle mods on the new cars can really go a long way. I think the key is to keep to a theme, and then don't over do it. Tacky or over the top is not cool. Side emblems have been on Corvettes all the way back to Job 1. It would not be out of place on yours. And most important, this is a very subjective topic. Some will hate it, others will love the idea, and others will be at all points in between. Do what feels right for you.

Personally, I prefer the ones posted by z51c6er - they seem to be better designed, IMO. In my case, I shaved all the original emblems off my '74 - got tired of cleaning wax from the "Stingray" script, and they didn't really fit the race-inspired image I was looking for. I did replace the nose and gas filler emblems with C5 pieces. It really updated the look in a suble way. Subtle mods on the new cars can really go a long way. I think the key is to keep to a theme, and then don't over do it. Tacky or over the top is not cool. Side emblems have been on Corvettes all the way back to Job 1. It would not be out of place on yours. And most important, this is a very subjective topic. Some will hate it, others will love the idea, and others will be at all points in between. Do what feels right for you.

OH MY GOD!:W

we are all corvette owners. seems the z06 "people" always get afended when someone else gets a badge. what would suck is if you had the badge and didn't have the option. so calm down, the badge looks great. people will still notice the z06s. we are all proud owners and we all get to personalize.

Instead of stripes like I have, just get someone to make some big stripes which could start from the front and taper off on the rear which state Z51

One could have the "Z" on the hood "5" on the top and the "1" on the rear.

Z-5..1 The lettering would be centered naturally

REDVETTE777

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center! Glad you joined us!

Actually, I think a couple of Z06 owners or former owners were positive and supportive in their comments.

That's one of the nice things I think you'll find about the CAC - even when members disagree they try to keep it civil and leave the bashing/trashing to the other websites.

As one of our admins so succinctly put it awhile back... this is allowed :argue this is not :bash .

Again - welcome! We'll look forward to hearing more from you and seeing photos of your red FRC.

sorry about that. i guess my corvette loality leaked out. diversity is the spice of life. pics will post as soon as i can figure it out.

we are all corvette owners. seems the z06 "people" always get afended when someone else gets a badge. what would suck is if you had the badge and didn't have the option. so calm down, the badge looks great. people will still notice the z06s. we are all proud owners and we all get to personalize.

Wasn't it back in 1990 to 1993 about the ZR-1 Corvette that there was not much to distinguish it from the base Corvette because the base Corvette got the squared lights like the ZR-1? So people were getting ZR-1 badges and putting them onto base Corvettes so the ZR-1 wasn't that distinguishable Corvette.

Edit: I don't understand what pictures of this fine looking young lady have to do with the subject matter. The CAC does not have a "Babe" Section for a reason. The internet is full of such pictures. The CAC is about Corvettes.

If you wish to discuss this or any aspect of the CAC's rules, send me a PM.

-Mac... the big meanie Admin who deleted your attachments.

Wasn't it back in 1990 to 1993 about the ZR-1 Corvette that there was not much to distinguish it from the base Corvette because the base Corvette got the squared lights like the ZR-1? So people were getting ZR-1 badges and putting them onto base Corvettes so the ZR-1 wasn't that distinguishable Corvette.

abc,

The photos you've posted of yourself are nice but they don't really match the topic of the thread. I noticed everyone has tried to be polite and not point that out to you. I'd suggest refraining from posting anymore of them here.

And perhaps you will take time to re-read the Acceptable Use Policy posted here, paying particular attention to Item#3.

Actually, if abc doesn't remove the pictures it would be appreciated if a moderator could take care of that for him. ;)

Thanks for saying something Jane Ann.

Leon

Stinger, let me say Im with ya on this one- And bros when it comes to cars, I like em' clean and mean.

When I had my 99 SS Camaro vert in Pewter I thought long and hard about what, if anything I could do to improve upon her looks- Rims yeah, bit only the right ones- (Boyds smoothies) and a criss cross front grill in place of the corporate GM plastic- That is it.

Ive seen a million Vettes and Camaros get funky 'ed up with all sorts of add ons, ground effects, pinstripe, whatever- Its their car so who gives a hoot?

But lemmie tell ya Stinger, I had an X rated experience with my Mag Red C6 the other day that could only be posted in Penthouse forums- and I dont think that itty bitty emblem would have made one bit of difference to the girl that blew my mind.

That looks like a quality badge, small and tasteful, and why not tell the world we got a Z51, heck we paid for it. Looks good and I may get a pair myself-

OK, so a Z06 owner will think your a dolt is anyone pastes a Z06 badge on an RPO vette? Agreed, hes a dolt.

abc,

The photos you've posted of yourself are nice but they don't really match the topic of the thread. I noticed everyone has tried to be polite and not point that out to you. I'd suggest refraining from posting anymore of them here.

And perhaps you will take time to re-read the Acceptable Use Policy posted here, paying particular attention to Item#3.

I'm sorry..:cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom