Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z51 vs Z51 With Mag Ride?

B/STOCK

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red Vert & 2015 DSOM Coupe Z51-3LT
Would a Z51 with MRC give a softer ride in the tour mode than a non MRC Z51? Is the sport & track mode of the mrc vehicle stiffer or the same as a Z51 without mrc. Thanks, Mike

Anyone?

I wish I could give a definitive answer on the C7 but I can't.

I can say that I have had several GM cars with MagRide and I'll take MagRide any day over the base or standard performance suspension.'

My '03 AE had MagRide and the difference between Tour and Sport were dramatic. I do not think the C5 MagRide came close to the Z51 package on the ZO6 when in Sport mode fo performance but it was sure a nice system.

My '06 and '08 Vettes were MagRide and I was very satisfied with the capabilities but I have to say the difference between Tour and Sport were not that noticeable until I put them on the track - on the track, the difference between Tour and Sport were obvious.

My '13 427 Vert exhibits similar capabilities and so does my '11 CTS V. I would buy the MagRide system on all my cars.

Would a Z51 with MRC give a softer ride in the tour mode than a non MRC Z51?

Yes.

Is the sport & track mode of the mrc vehicle stiffer or the same as a Z51 without mrc. Thanks, Mike

At least the same and perhaps incrementally more aggressive but with MR there are a lot of factors which affect the damping at a given time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom