Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z6...it does make sence

04 Commemorative

Corvette
04 Commemorative Conv. 6 speed
Was reading an article in Corvette magazine last night and this guy was saying that the Z06 is really called a Z6 because the "0" is a zero not an "oh" as in the letter O. Wonder why they didn just call it a Z6 in the first place? This could be a question that has no answer.:confused

Sounds like someone is getting a bit anal. In common jargon/language we do say it as "oh".

The only exceptions would be in critical communicatons like in radio transmissions to meet the FAA, ICAO or NATO standards. There, it is "zee-row".

Was reading an article in Corvette magazine last night and this guy was saying that the Z06 is really called a Z6 because the "0" is a zero not an "oh" as in the letter O. Wonder why they didn just call it a Z6 in the first place? This could be a question that has no answer.:confused
Actually it's an RPO code and all of them are three digits so it is Z06 say it how you will that is how it's printed on the build sheets and all the factory paperwork

Z06,,, is right,,, it's like James,,, James Bond,,,,,, 007 ! not just James Bond 7 ....:L

Z cipher/cypher 6 ...... how many can we come up with? :crazy

Call it what you want... I say It's a

CORVETTE!!!

Actually it's an RPO code and all of them are three digits so it is Z06 say it how you will that is how it's printed on the build sheets and all the factory paperwork

Excellent point, Ernie. And because it's a three digit RPO code, that's exactly what we don't refer to it as a "Z6." Besides, that would sound too much like "C6".

-Patrick

Was reading an article in Corvette magazine last night and this guy was saying that the Z06 is really called a Z6 because the "0" is a zero not an "oh" as in the letter O. Wonder why they didn just call it a Z6 in the first place?
As was said above, the Z06 is the RPO code, one letter and two numbers. So, guess that techinacly it would be Zee Zero Six. But since most people refer to the number zero as "oh" it becomes Zee Oh Six. It is NOT a Zee Six!!!

tom...

I believe I will go get in my Zee Zero Six and go home. How did we ever get into this PC mess?

arg-qmark-50.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom