Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Zaino... I hate to ask this...

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
I hate to ask this question because it’s probably been addressed a thousand times but...

I have been using Zymol for years, I am now considering switching to Zaino because I have heard so many positive comments here at the CAC.

My questions is for any Zymol users who have made the jump from Zymol to Zaino.

Any regrets? Is the cost worth it? Are you going back to Zymol? How long does it take to apply the “system”? Have you found Zaino to last, etc.?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am losing sleep and I can’t concentrate at work till I sort this out.

B17Crew
:w

B17Crew said:
I hate to ask this question because it’s probably been addressed a thousand times but...

I have been using Zymol for years, I am now considering switching to Zaino because I have heard so many positive comments here at the CAC.

My questions is for any Zymol users who have made the jump from Zymol to Zaino.

Any regrets? Is the cost worth it? Are you going back to Zymol? How long does it take to apply the “system”? Have you found Zaino to last, etc.?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am losing sleep and I can’t concentrate at work till I sort this out.

B17Crew
Just Zainoed my '66........never looked better.....I have used just about everything except Zymol.
Do the clay bar first!

:beer

Thanks Sams '66,
Another happy Zaino customer.

I’m leaning towards purchasing the $84.00 package. I clay bar about every two months to keep the nastys off of the surface, so I have plenty of practice with that!

Looking forward to the UPS delivery.

B17Crew

I have never used Zymol. I have heard it is almost as good as Zaino. I bit the bullet and bought the whole Zaino system about 3 months ago. It is wonderful. Besides a shine that looks like a mirror, the dust and dirt just slide off when I rinse it. Well worth the money.

mauivette,
Thats good to hear that you are pleased with Zaino. My car is a dark green, it shows every and any bit of dust and dirt. When it’s freshly waxed, it shines like and emerald.

Your comment about a mirror like shine and ease of cleaning are the kind of results I am looking for. Thanks!

B17Crew

I'm going to move this into the Care and Detailing forum...

When I first purchased my car I went to the local parts store and asked for the best car wax they had. They sold me Zymol and it was pretty expensive compared to the 'regular' waxes. After talking to many other Corvette owners and reading all the info about Zaino on this forum, I figured I'd give it a try. WOW! There is no comparision. The ease working with Zaino compared to Zymol is night and day, and the shine with Zaino is beyond compare. I always have people ask what I use on the car because of the shine. AND...it lasts longer than anything else. Let's face it, it's what everything else gets compared to. That should tell you something! :cool

I've used both

I never liked the Zymol. I water spotted the car like mad when ever the car was wet--much more than anything else.

I like the Zaino. The shine is good--I live a good looking paint job.

The only thing I don't like about Zaino--2 part process, need Z1 and Z2.

I truely believe that you pretty much get what you pay for.....(Except on Ebay). Zaino isn't cheap and it's really labor intensive. The first time must have taken me most of the day to get a good base and a few coats on. Now, a coat every now and then keeps it looking t1ts. White is a difficult color to show. When I first finished with Zaino I laid a rose on the hood (less thorns) and called to my other half. You could really see the reflection. She was so impressed that she asked me to do her car. Yeah right. When you use Zaino you will be glad the Vette is a small car. But if you just follow the instruction and take your time the results are amazing.

Thank you all for you input! :beer

I am amazed at how nice the Zaino is on my Polo Green paint, it’s so easy to remove too.

It sure was A LOT of work, but I can see why it has such a buzz among car people. I’m a convert for sure. For once, I feel like I got my monies worth out of a purchase.

Thank you Zaino!

B17Crew

How does that work??

One at a time!! That's how! Convert after Convert.. just follow the instructions and enjoy!

Maybe someday Rob will even try it.. no shelf life Rob!!

P.S. Southpaw..... not any more since ZFX!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom