Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZO6 partition made for 12 dollars....its a great easy mod!

JBsC5

I got this outline in the form of newspaper..from a cool Fireman out in California..with a ZO6!

Got to say it took longer to drive to home depot to get the insulation, glue and carpet then it did to make and install this totally stock looking piece..

3 bucks for the carpet..Black indoor outdoor at job lot..
5 dollars for the 8 x 3.5 one inch think insulation foam from home depot..
2 dollars for the elmers spray glue

Another two dollars for the box cutter with new blade...

Guys ..this looks great.. cuts down on road noise to I'd say..

I was driving around till 1 am last night enjoying the mod....LMAO!

I started around 10:15..was done in about an hour..

Certainly one I would recommend.

JB

What is it?

The partition is for FRC and ZO6's..

The space between the trunk and the passenger compartment is open.. from the factory..which basically sets up a booming type noise more so than the Coupe..

This 10 dollar partition looks like a factory panel that seperates the two areas..

pretty cool.

Sounds like a good idea. Got a picture?

Would you believe I bought this 1,000 dollar sony disc camera last year and can't figure out how to make it work lately..

I'm sorry no picture at this time.. but many vendors sell this exact thing for between 300 and 400 dollars..LOL

Its pretty funny how I could make this thing.. I never did anything like this before and low and behold..I got this cool looking partition..

I could make a hundred of them..sell them for 200 dollars and I guess make a few bucks considering they only cost 10 dollars to make..LOL

But I don't have the expertise to make them absolutely perfect ..

Looks great to me.. and my wife couldn't even figure out what I actually did until I pointed it out to her in the car last night..

She said..it looked like the car came that way.. so take that for what its worth..

I'm very pleased with this partition between the passenger compartment and the trunk on my Z ..

I believe the noise level has decreased quite a bit as well. It used to make like a druming noise..now thats gone.. I think the stereo sounds better too..Can you believe that?

Have a good one guys..and if I ever figure out why or how to make this sony MVC300 work..I'll take a picture for you.

So, how about posting the outline - dimensions, a drawing or something so we can make our own?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom