Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZO6 Tires on Stock Magnesium Wheels

S

sbushwhacker

I am considering replacing my runflats with Firstone Wide Ovals in the ZO6 sizing, any thoughts? Will this affect the pressure monitors?

I am considering replacing my runflats with Firstone Wide Ovals in the ZO6 sizing, any thoughts? Will this affect the pressure monitors?

Putting Z06 tires on your mag wheels will not affect the LTPWS sensors, however, those wheels are not wide enough for those tires.

Putting Z06 tires on your mag wheels will not affect the LTPWS sensors, however, those wheels are not wide enough for those tires.

The tires are fine and I run them on my C5 with Mag wheels. I checked carefully. Lots of people on Corvetteforum.com use this setup. Talk with Luke at Tire Rack for advice. Tires are great by the way.

I agree with Hib. They may fit, but they will wear funny and the shoulders of the tire will be a little distorted. I have used an extra set of front wheels from a Z06 to run drag radials. I bought a tire a little too wide for the rim. The tire guy tried to tell me that it was not optimal, and it turned out that he was right. The tires did not wear correctly. Of course, they were drag radials and they mostly went up in smoke! :lou

Take a look at the GY F1GSD3's. For the price they are tough to beat. I have them on 2 of the car's. The other one has the F1 Sc's.

The D3's are a great tire for the money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom