Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Camouflage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dirtfarmer
  • Start date Start date
D

Dirtfarmer

OK, by now most of us have seen the new "ZR-1" spy pics from Laguna Seca.

corvette-zr1.jpg

They've got what I'm assuming to be camouflage on the hood bubble, roof and behind the front wheels.

With all this camo (I know that this is relatively very little camo compared to what is seen on spy shots of other cars), could this be close to what the production car will look like? If this was just a mule, why apply any camo at all?

What do you all think?

Looks great. But I wonder what could be on the front fender myself.

They've got what I'm assuming to be camouflage on the hood bubble, roof and behind the front wheels.

With all this camo (I know that this is relatively very little camo compared to what is seen on spy shots of other cars), could this be close to what the production car will look like?

Nope ;)

I really like the addition of that rear spoiler. It isn't like some of those gaudy aftermarket add-ons. Wish they made something similar for a C5.

The picture is a Z06 test mule.

minor changes such as scoops, bulges, badging all get covered up or disguised to fool cameras and such.
It's probably pretty close to what the production release will be but they are hiding the small details that will set the car apart from the regular C6 or Z06.

minor changes such as scoops, bulges, badging all get covered up or disguised to fool cameras and such.
It's probably pretty close to what the production release will be but they are hiding the small details that will set the car apart from the regular C6 or Z06.

Right.

Speculation has been that this supercharged ZR-1 won't look anything like the current (C6) model but I'm beginning to wonder just how different it will be in production.

I keep thinking about the '90 ZR-1 that showed up with wider wheels/rear end and square tail lights. A lot of people were disappointed that the King of the Hill didn't really differ much from the other Corvettes. I'm wondering if GM will repeat itself in the same fashion.

maybe so it will get a buzz on forums and in the press. :crazy

I think that's part of it. It has been rumored that GM has learned to create buzz by leaking info on new models. Run a lightly camouflaged supercharged Vette around a public race course with plenty of cameras and see how much internet mileage you get out of it.

Remember the C6 Z06 spy shots that circulated before the model's official introduction? Remember the stories of GM's men in black knocking on people's front doors? Not this time... :L

You guys keep calling it ZR-1 --- I thought is was going to be ZR1???

Did I miss something new???;shrug

ZR-1 is how the '90-'95 model name was "spelled out" so I guess that's the way it will be when this model is released, if that's the name they actually use.

ZR-1 is how the '90-'95 model name was "spelled out" so I guess that's the way it will be when this model is released, if that's the name they actually use.

Not necessarily. In the early seventies, it was spelled ZR1, however, remember back then, it was only an RPO. In '90-'95, it was not only an RPO, but also the model name. The RPO, was spelled ZR1, but the name of the car was spelled ZR-1.

So at this point, it could be ZR1 or ZR-1....we'll just have to wait till it's unveiled in January in Detroit.

Not necessarily. In the early seventies, it was spelled ZR1, however, remember back then, it was only an RPO. In '90-'95, it was not only an RPO, but also the model name. The RPO, was spelled ZR1, but the name of the car was spelled ZR-1.

So at this point, it could be ZR1 or ZR-1....we'll just have to wait till it's unveiled in January in Detroit.

Good point. They do have a history of using ZR1, but my point was that the actual models were called ZR-1.

Time will tell.

How long before someone starts a ZR1 vs. ZR-1 preference thread/poll? :L

Right.

Speculation has been that this supercharged ZR-1 won't look anything like the current (C6) model but I'm beginning to wonder just how different it will be in production.

I keep thinking about the '90 ZR-1 that showed up with wider wheels/rear end and square tail lights. A lot of people were disappointed that the King of the Hill didn't really differ much from the other Corvettes. I'm wondering if GM will repeat itself in the same fashion.

Then again, these are the same people that didn't make the 50th anniversary SE vette gold. :bash

I don't understand the fuss about the hyphen. I drive a C-5 Z0-6 but some-times I'm in-clined to buy a C6 Z06. In-my-opinion it doesn't matter how it's spelled they're just great cars. Maybe the ZR1 will be badged as a ZR-1 but who-knows? Just messing with ya. :L;LOL:rotfl:boogie;shrug

At first it bothered me the ZR1 name but the more I thought about it the more I realized it was a great tribute to the ZR-1. I really don't care about the hyphen either. Below is the results of the poll over on the ZR-1 forum.
If there were to be a picky group about this issue this would be the place!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new C6 super vette being called a ZR1? I like the idea
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
34 49.28% I dislike the idea
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
29 42.03% I am ambivalent
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
6 8.70% Voters: 69.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom