Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Zr-1

CSCarlson writes:
I don't know.. I am done with it...

And so am I....

Rob,

I think you're totally right with what you're saying, but just because he dind't posted any comments about his experience with the car doesn't mean nothing.

One thing that he should've done was to provide the VIN...I don't see any problems with that, also another thing to be surprised is the fact that the insurance company worked so fast.

I had an accident with my vette little over a month ago where a ricer rear ends me and he didn't have insurance. I'm still waiting for news from my insurance. And my vette is in their designated shop awaiting "orders". Meanwhile I bought me a wrangler.

BTW, why would the insurance company would have the car crushed knowing that, they could make some from the parts. And Cs's son had ofered to fix the car, so it probably wasn't that bad...

CS, could you post the VIN just to finish this problem.

PS. There are only 11 "Steel Blue Metallic" and 19 Quasar Blue Metallic 1990 ZR1's. So it won't be hard to track down all of them and really see if there ever was one of these stollen and crushed.

Paul

inferno-vette said:
There are only 11 "Steel Blue Metallic" and 19 Quasar Blue Metallic 1990 ZR1's. So it won't be hard to track down all of them and really see if there ever was one of these stollen and crushed.

Paul

Good point Paul;)

Jay

This story is coming to the conclusion that there never was a ZR-1. Heck, $11,000 for a ZR-1 with such low miles? I think not... you can get way more out of the insurance company... sometimes you have to fight a little, but all you have to do is prove the car's worth... which is very simple considering you just paid more than that for the car... they have to give you at least that, especially since early ZR-1's are selling for much higher. On top of all that, I can't think of any insurance company that would CRUSH a Corvette that could be rebuilt... that means there are many usable parts to sell... insurance companies sell the wrecked cars to salvage yards

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom