Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 Hood

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion of the "peek-a-boo" hood design on the ZR1's

2009-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-hood-photo-207247-s-1280x782.jpg

For Comparison

Here's essentially the same carbon fiber hood without the window.

14015856-lg.jpg

It might be different if there was something to look at under the clear but my opinion is the hood without the hole looks cleaner. That and $2 might get you a coffee.

-Mac

I just curious what the window is going to look like in 10-15 years when age sets in. Then the fixing or replacement cost. I like the cleaner look.

I'd have to agree with Jim. The window is just something else to maintain over time and doesn't do anything for me anyway. I much prefer the lines of the B92 option and - if I could afford a ZR1 in the first place - I'd consider replacing the original.

:wJane Ann

I just curious what the window is going to look like in 10-15 years when age sets in. Then the fixing or replacement cost. I like the cleaner look.

Some specialty wax maker, like Adam's, will brew up a special "Hood Window Preservative" product, bottle it and sell it for 25 bucks for 8 oz.:thumb

Naaa I'll take mine with please.......you know you are looking at the big dog right away when you see the window........itz badazz!! :_rock

some specialty wax maker, like adam's, will brew up a special "hood window preservative" product, bottle it and sell it for 25 bucks for 8 oz.:thumb
:upthumbs:chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom