Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 Information

JHL

Corvette
81 4 speed
Hello again,

Have a look below at the content of an e-mail that I recieved. It might be just another scam but I thought some of you ZR1 boys might be interested in checking it out.

J.

"Hi!

I wanted to take a few moments and introduce myself to the group. My name is Anne. I'm single a mom of 2 and I don't own a Corvette. In fact, what I actually own is a 96 Chrysler Concord. Right about now you're probably asking yourself what some chick who doesn't even own a Corvette is doing joining a list for Corvette enthusiastes.... Well, let me tell you a little story...

I do the tech support for GM'S computer based training . I'm the lady the technicians, mechanics and ASEP schools call when their CBT's (cd-roms used for computer based training) aren't playing nice. Because my job entails information dissemination; I have to know and talk to A LOT of people that work for GM, subsidiaries and contractors in order to field calls that get to me by accident to the right people ie. people who accidentally call me for IDL training problems, web based training, CPT (certified training plus), Techline, Access, SI 2000 and so forth. I also explain to GM dealerships the basic hardware requirements for running CBT's. One time I even got to talk to a fire department captain who needed help with the cd-rom he got for some of his fire trucks. I could go on and on about the funny tech support stuff I've had to go through with GM.

Anyway... I have a good buddy who works in distribution for CPT (certified plus training). People are always getting the CBT AND CPT acronyms mixed up on the phone so I'm always getting their calls.

In 1992 CPT training kits on the ZR1 Corvette LT5 engine were produced that dealers were NOT obligated by GM to buy. If any of you know anything about the way dealerships work you would know that they HATE to buy GM stuff they don't have to buy, so they didn't buy these books and video tapes. (You know how big companies kind of just move things around after about 8 or 9 yrs. they even forget WHY these skids are still there*laugh*) So, these BRAND NEW OFFICIAL CPT Corvette training kits and books had just been collecting dust.. UNTIL NOW.

This isn't a scam. In FACT I'm not even SELLING THEM right now I'm only taking reservations because there are only 39 complete kits left (I'm keeping one kit just for me..heee heee). These books and videos are OUT OF PRODUCTION SINCE 1992! I have more training books than videos....And I'm not selling those either right now. I'm not accepting ANY MONEY at this time for ANYTHING. I haven't even set a price yet. Once I get enough reservations for the kits I will permit bidding.

These kits and books are on a first come, first serve basis. So, to allay your fears.. I'M NOT MAKING A DIME RIGHT NOW.

But, if you want them.. I have them. Feel free to visit my site and check out the kit and books. Also, feel free to write me and ask me questions.

http://www.geocities.com/zr1_corvette2002

zr1_corvette2002@yahoo.com

Anne!!!!!

1. Who's "list" is she a member of?

2. Where did she get your email address from? Members email addresses are not viewable on these Forums and I want to make sure that this remains the case and there isn't a hole somewhere that I need to be made aware of. I don't want our members getting spam mail and that's the reason I have the email addresses hidden and, only members can email other members.

3. Although her numbers are accurate, I question the motives behind it. Last I heard, the training manuals/videos were in limited supply around 50 left as of early last week. The complete kit goes for approximately $100.

I just want to make sure that other members are aware that at this point in time, she is not affiliated with us in any way and this is the first I've heard of it.

Rob,

I don`t know how she got my address but I have joined numerous "clubs" using the same e-mail address and I get endless amounts of spam. This just happened to be one of them and I thought some people might be interested.

I am not promoting her site and I don`t in anyway vouch for the validity of the information on the site.

J.

????

weird. I have a hard time believing that out of all the die-hard ZR-1 owners out there, this this lady is the only one with info on these kits....??????

Jay

JHL,

No problem, personally, I don't care if you want to promote her or not. :) I just wanted to make sure that our members email addresses were not visible and email could only be sent between members here in the forums. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom