Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 question for ZR1 owners

PLRX

I have read about modifications for most of corvette engines L98, LT1, LT4, LS1 etc

What kind of modifications have you (ZR1 owners) done to your LT5? I have seen LS1 with 600 HP what the LT5 offers?;worship

I've seen headers on ZRMAX's

hello I have a 1990 zr1 with the following mods 4:10 gears, open lid, chip, meth/water injection, cat back 3" . i have dynoed at 345 rwhp with out meth injection. If i do any more mods like port plenum or heads and cam it would cost $$$$. the lt5 motors are pretty expensive motors to work on. The ones that have done the internal stuff have made up to 600rwhp.

One thing I always thought was interesting was how long after it was gone John Lingenfelter kept showing up to shootouts with the ZR-1. I think in 1998 he had one at the Car and Driver SuperTuner Shootout, and I believe sometime after that at the Road & Track 0-150-0mph challenge.

One thing that affects mods and pricing and such is the volume of them. In any given year, GM probably sold more LS6 motors (just in Corvettes, forget the CTS-V) than it sold LT5's over 6 years. So it's not like there's a huge market for parts modding. Plus, I suspect the motor was made to a different quality standard and a lot of the low-hanging fruit was already done on the stock car.

If you want to see some packages and power levels that are available, you might try clicking on the various sites under "Performance Sites" here: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/other_sites.htm

Edit: oh, my car has an open air lid. And I suppose the 5-spokes are lighter than the original wheels. The two "ZR-1" badges added to the hood probably don't add much power, though. Maybe if it was like "zR-1" then the badges would add some horsies :)

I know of many people who have gone to big cubes (368, 397, 396, 402, 408, 415, 421), nitrous, twin turbo, headers, full exhaust, etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom