Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New profile posts

Welcome. I got most of it. Believe tape may be on hi. speed. Adv are sooooo long.

By the way. Need a Mass Corvette vanity plate for a 50 state set. Any year plate
with any reading/saying. Just so it rode a Corvette.
Thanks

Vanity Bob
731 Oak St
Johnstown, Pa 15902
Hi Sal. License plate collector with a present goal of a vanity plate that was registered to a Corvette. Any year plate with any reading/saying.
Actual plate, as some surmised a pictue.
Thanks

Vanity Bob
731 Oak St
Johnstown, Pa 15902
Hi, i am new to this website and am glad i am a part of it and the reason why i became a member is because i wrecked my dads c3 when i was around 11 years old and i am trying to find it
Nice ride. Mine was delivered today, finally. I live in the Columbus, Oh area but was born in Erie, Pa. Left in 1968 (Navy). Enjoy your ride, I know I will.
Hi Need a Tenn Corvette assigned license vanity plate, for a 50 state set. Any year plate with any reading/saying. Just so it rode a Corvette.
Thanks

Vanity Bob
731 Oak St
Johnstown, Pa 15902
Hi Lic plate collector. Looking to get a Corvette ridden vanity plate from each of the 50 states.
Rec'd 50% so far. N Dak and Tenn among the needed. Any year plate with any reading/saying.
Just so it was assigned to a Corvette
Thanks

Vanity Bob
731 Oak St
Johnstown, Pa 15902
Hi Paul. I have no experience with the '82 but I have had electrical gremlins in both my '72 and '87. The most common problem has been bad or weak grounds. One time it was the ground cable itself. The washer on the negative terminal on the battery cable was corroded. Pulled the bolt out of the cable and thoroughly cleaned the contact on both sides with a Scotchbrite pad (steel wool would also have worked). It's also possible your battery has a dead cell or an internal short. Sometimes, when a battery sits for a long time it will take a charge but flakes of lead oxide will fall off the plates and short out the battery. If you have a known good battery from another car to try, it might be worth a shot.
Hi Bob my name is Paul and i have an 1982 collectors edition i start the car after charging battery cause it sat for a while .., anyway i started engine and ran til warmed up shut off and tried to restart completely dead i replaced ignition switch and start solenoid thinking solenoid switch maybe no good now i started with same result would the oil pressure switch cause this type of failure i checked switch one terminal to ground ok the two show open any ideas you could throw my way thanks
Hi Visitors!
Thanks for dropping by.
That's me by my CTS V Wagon getting ready for an open road race down in Texas.
Hi Chuck. Long time license plate collector with a present goal of a Corvette assigned vanity license plate.
Actual plate from each state. Maine needed. Any year plate with any reading/saying.
Any help appreciated. Have 25 states thus far.
Thanks,
Vanity Bob

Vanity Bob
731 Oak St
Johnstown, Pa 15902
I wanted to let you know that my son graduated top of his class (DHG) from Ft.Rucker last week. Blackhawk pilot!:happyanim:

Chas
Cant tell you how glad I was to find that you have the same year vette as myself... I have a white 90 coupe. Yeah baby!
I have a 1985 C4 with a 4 + 3 manual transmission. I purchased this car used and repaired it. I understand that is sat outside for several years. I guess divorce isn't fun. I had the clutch replaced about 4 years ago. Worked ok and then I developed a leak in the hydraulic control system. I have replaced the M/C (Ecklers) and the slave cylinder (local parts store). I bled the slave cylinder off the housing and with the bleeder in the up position.I have done this many times before. Everything seemd fine and then I started to lose clutch pedal thrand could not shift. No loss of fluid (Dot 4). I bled the assembly one more time. Worked well for one day, then same problem. I thought that maybe it was the throw in the push rod. The push rod measures 3 5/8 in which is what was confirmed to me. I read some where that an individual had to go to a longer push rod (4") due the refacing of the flywheel. I am having all sorts of suggestions and ideas thrown aqt me, but none from anyone who has experienced the same problem. Any help out there would be appreciated.
Saw this in one of the news deals. Pretty neat. Chevrolet Corvette turns into speedboat with $1.7 million price tag | Tecca
G'day - Australian who has purchased his first corvette while living in the USA. I plan to take the car home as a gift for my father.
I read an article about adding a GF Performance chip will increase HP up to 60 more HP?? Where does this go and has anybody herd of this and if so, does it work?:W
Back
Top Bottom