Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mac's Pop

Mac's Pop

Corvette
1996 green coupe
I am a new member and this is my first time to use your form. So if I do something wrong please let know. I have a 1996 C4. I just had the oil changed about 2 weeks ago. Now the change oil light came on. Could you tell how to get it off. thanks

Hmm... We got a Mac admin around here - doesn't know diddle-ly squat about forum boards :W . Maybe the apple fell off of the tree and rolled downhill tho' ;) ;LOL. Token village idiot is chic tho', so we're IN there yUP! :boogie
:joke (and I might be outta' here too yikes :eek:hnoes ) :joke

:joke!!!

Welcome onto the boards here...

Re-set 'Change oil' is here somewhere:

1687_48caaf978b31c.jpg

1687_48cab0443108a.jpg

1687_48cab061b4c5e.jpg

1687_48cab0748968c.jpg

1687_48cab08fa84e8.jpg

1687_48cab0c5c13c0.jpg

1687_48cab0dacd427.jpg

I am a new member and this is my first time to use your form. So if I do something wrong please let know. I have a 1996 C4. I just had the oil changed about 2 weeks ago. Now the change oil light came on. Could you tell how to get it off. thanks

Oil Change light reset (short version) :L

Oil Change Light Shut-Off Procedure

1. Turn the key to the RUN position but don't start the engine.
2. Press the ENG MET button on the Trip Monitor. Within 5 seconds press the ENG MET button again.
3. Within 5 seconds of step 2, press and hold the GAUGES button on the Trip Monitor. The CHANGE OIL light will flash.
4. Hold the GAUGES button until the CHANGE OIL light stops flashing and goes out. This should take about 10 seconds. When the light goes out, the Engine Oil Life Monitor is reset. If it doesn't reset, turn the ignition to OFF and repeat
procedure.

Welcome to CAC!!
enjoy!!!!

Mac's Pop - welcome to the :CAC !!
As you can see we've got some friendly fun-loving folks here. We also have an excellent Corvette resource in the form of our Tech Center --> Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

We're pretty informal around here and we welcome new members and first-timers so have no fear of being singled out because of inexperience. I know because I'd never participated on a forum before when these nice people took me in.

Enjoy your C4 and the forums and let us know if you need help with something. :thumb

:wJane Ann

Oil Change light reset (short version) :L

Oil Change Light Shut-Off Procedure

1. Turn the key to the RUN position but don't start the engine.................

TT... this deserves its own thread so I'm going to copy it into a new one.
Thanks for the excellent post!

:wJane Ann

Hmm... We got a Mac admin around here - doesn't know diddle-ly squat about forum boards :W . Maybe the apple fell off of the tree and rolled downhill tho' ;) ;LOL. Token village idiot is chic tho', so we're IN there yUP! :boogie
:joke (and I might be outta' here too yikes :eek:hnoes ) :joke

:joke!!!

Welcome onto the boards here...
Welcome to the CAC, Mac's Pop. Since my father prefers paper to electrons, doesn't live in Phoenix and doesn't own a Corvette, I suspect there's another Mac out there... Works for me!! :)

Schrade, Schrade, Schrade... :eyerole

Picking on a new member of our forum? Bully for you. Now do you really want me to start paying attention to your posts? Are you sure? ;squint:

-Mac

Ok, so some humor is bad, and some is REAL bad. :D We need some 'character' around here.

th_icon_stooges.gif

Ok, so some humor is bad, and some is REAL bad. :D We need some 'character' around here.

th_icon_stooges.gif

Oh... wise guy, huh? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk... ;)

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom