Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! '89 vert theft deterrant/passkey module

LORR1943

Corvette
1987 BRIGHT RED CONVERTABLE,RED & BLACK INTERIOR,
Hi guys & gals. Anyone know of a repair facility for the modules or know how to get a schematic for them. I bought a new one from ecklers a year and a half ago, but they don't show one in their parts anymore. The wires for my passkey reader wore through at the cylinder, shorted out, and now the module won't let the engine crank. Any sugestions?
Thanks!:)anyway!

Varified the problem. Sho nuf, the shorted wires fried something in the passkey module. Got one commin' from vette2vette.com. Will fire the RED CHARRIOT tomorrow. Thanks everybody!

Hi guys & gals. Anyone know of a repair facility for the modules or know how to get a schematic for them. I bought a new one from ecklers a year and a half ago, but they don't show one in their parts anymore. The wires for my passkey reader wore through at the cylinder, shorted out, and now the module won't let the engine crank. Any sugestions?
Thanks!:)anyway!

If thats just the key cylinder with the 2 contacts inside, most auto parts stors can get those. Any GM dealer parts dept. Its nothing special. That system or similar has been on GM cars since 1982 I think? Until you get a new cyl you can bypass the key reader with a resistor between the wires, but you have to know what size....just dont leave it like that unless you take the resistor with you when you park it !

PS

Most hardware stores now have "key readers" that can quickly tell you which key/resistor. I just got a new set at Ace hardware. It takes a little effort to do it yourself with a digital volt meter..the contacts are tiny when you're trying to get a probe on both sides...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom