Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to carbs

Bolisk

Corvette
1972 LS5 Convertible PS, PB, A/C
So, I've got a spare quadrajet that I'm going to rebuild so that I can learn how they work. . .and practice how to rebuilt the one on my vette.

I have a few books, and I'm reading through them.

One of the things that i have not yet come accross is how to identify the "size" of existing parts. . .like Jets, Needles. . .etc.

Is there a simply way?

For example, I know that my engine is running lean right now (temps have averaged 50 degress recently). Can this be due to cool temps? Or would this lean problem be a year round? If it's a year round, then I assume that I need to increase the jet sizes. . .but I have no idea what I have currently. Hence my question. Not sure if I need to change the needles as well.

Second to last, I read in the carb book that I should change the accellerator pump push rod to the other hole when the weather is cold. . .to prevent quadra boging. . .which I am seeing. Does anyone do that?

Lastly, has anyone used quadrajet parts from Fliffs High Performace Quadrajets? If so can you share your experiences?

I think all the info you'll need are in Doug's and Cliff's books. I know Cliff's book shows all the jet and needle sizes ones made. You can check it with a dail indicator or look for the numbers on the needles (jets I don't know).

I ordered parts from Cliff a number of times. Asked different question and always got a good answer. So for Q-jet parts I will always go to Cliff.

Greetings Peter

...One of the things that i have not yet come accross is how to identify the "size" of existing parts. . .like Jets, Needles. . .etc...

They're marked.

Worth the cost of a copy:
DougRoe.jpg

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom