Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I just dont get it..brake problem

Padgett

Corvette
1977 stingray
ANYBODY ..no leaks,new pads,all calipers working gravity bled 3 times in order, smashed on pedal to reset proportioning valve. still.. when i hit brakes front right grabs turning the steering wheel to the right .and i mean FAST...is my master cylinder shot or is the valve gone??? ive never in my life had this or any trouble bleeding brakes..and yes i did it in the correct rotation,,,i need a clue

Hows your Control Arm Bushings and Ball Joints???

:w

Doesn't matter if it don't pull while driving,There is allot more force on them when you hit the brakes!:thumb

A bad control arm bushing or ball joint may not be noticeable while cruising,But Jerk the wheel out of your hands as soon as you tap the brakes!~!!:thumb:thumb

:beer

Brake problems ?

Old hoses coming apart internally will damn sure cause the problem too!
:thumb

I don't know the here & what, but the type of brake fluid you used and as mentioned above, suspension could cause it, but I'd think if the ball joints were that bad the wheel would buckle under the car on a heavy braking situation. Like wise I'd rule out the mastercylinder or proportioning valve as the entire from brakes would or wouldn't work. I'd pull out the bleeder valves and pump a quart of type 3 brake fluid through it to see if any rubber hose particle pieces come out. If not Tighten the bleeder valves back in and try bleeding all the way around stating with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder. GMJUNKIE is the one voice I trust no matter what ?

Hoses fixed it

ANYBODY ..no leaks,new pads,all calipers working gravity bled 3 times in order, smashed on pedal to reset proportioning valve. still.. when i hit brakes front right grabs turning the steering wheel to the right .and i mean FAST...is my master cylinder shot or is the valve gone??? ive never in my life had this or any trouble bleeding brakes..and yes i did it in the correct rotation,,,i need a clue
:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom