Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Good Lord !! NO!!! That Thing Is BUTT UGLY

C

CorvetteWave

My God, what the heck were they thinking...Well, I know what I will not be buying anytime soon.

I tend to agree with you, but I really have to see it in person...Denver Auto Show in late March...I'm not ordering one soon.

There's still time to get a new C6! :)

I'm not going to make any judgement calls yet. I remember when the C5 was introduced, I hated it, but now I own an '03 Z06.

I am not sure about the tailights, but the rest of the car is beautiful! I want one please.

I am not sure about the tailights, but the rest of the car is beautiful! I want one please.

I'll bet this is the one and ONLY year you will see this car. It may not be called a "C8," but it will be radically changed. Too many just plain ugly parts of this car to simply clean it up...

No problem!

More Vettes for me to choose from.

:w

My God, what the heck were they thinking...Well, I know what I will not be buying anytime soon.

How many years did the GM design weenies work on the C7 design and THAT back-end is what they came up with? Maybe the did "Paper-Rock-Scissors" to make that decision? They couldn't possibly have sat around in a big conference room and all said; "Yeah.... that looks awesome." Perhaps there will eventually be enough of an outcry and it will be a one year only look?

b :ugh

A one year only Corvette would make sales go through the roof. Count me in. :w

C7-Marlin.jpg

Andy :w

I have never seen such polar extremes in the way people have responded to this new design. Either people love it or absolutely hate it. Few seem to be in the middle.

With that being said I fall in the hate it camp. The rear end design is absolutely hideous and it detracts from anything else the car is for me. I've been looking at this car for the past 2 days wanting to like it but i know that it will not grow on me. Something I would have sketched in high school of a supercar on steroids. What is up with the diffuser? It looks like the back end of a Pontiac Aztec. Even the roof lines are confusing with blacked out A pillars and colored roof extensions. Too busy and overdone. I appreciate the direction of the design gm was going for, but it could have done a much better job tying all of the elements together. This car is not going to age well.:eyerole

BUTT UGLY! U are being nice with that statement!

This car belongs in the Hall of CRAP located in the LOST CITY OF LOSER CARS in LITTLE AMERICA.

People have to be crazy and have no taste to like this model. LONG LIVE the C4 & C5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Viper looks better.......... I can't believe that I said that but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The good Lord had nothing to do with this designed because only the DEVIL made them build this atrocity.

P.P.S. Even the Camaro looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chevrolet.com

If you go the the chevy website, you can view the car in all of it's colors, Nice paint, interior looks fine. But I've given it the 24 hours it takes for you to see the better angels of my nature in favor of the 2014, but I still would rather have a ZL1 Camaro. I'm sorry, but it's not my cup of tea, but I wish anyone and everyone who like to please, please go buy one. Last year only 14K Corvettes were sold. Down from an average of about 30K units. I wonder though where this Corvette is going to fit in price wise? The Camaro goes from $28.000 to close to $70.000. There's kinda little room to squeeze in a hefty priced car. But, If you love Corvette, go buy one ! it's good for GM, our economy, and the free world.

I said here last night that I didn't like the new C7. I didn't say I hated it, just that I did not like it. I've looked at it and I might go see it at the Philly Auto Show, But I still don't like it. I'm afraid that the projected market position isn't going to be there for this car. Once you get into a price beyond say $135.000 your now in a number of European market challengers. The 2013 ZR1 is in the $130.000-150.000 range and I suppose it's well worth it, but the ZR1 Corvette is already in the $3-5.000 Gas guzzler tax, although I assume that isn't a hill of beans when put in perspective. But It's a very formidable super sports car, just not for me. :w

Last edited:
Maybe they weren't aiming at you...or me!

The square tail lights and side window miss me completely.

The square tail lights are growing on me, as is the car in general. Got to admit, the lower half of the rear end still mystifies me but I'm willing to give the engineering crew a little time to let their wisdom sink in. What perplexes me more is the concentration on the appearance of the car to the exclusion of its capability. Anybody care that the base car has 45 more ponies than the C-5 Z06? Sub 4 0-60 interest anybody? Improved aerodynamics, rigidity and technical wizardry takes a back seat to "square tail lights"? Get back to me once you see this thing blasting down the highway. I love my '04, don't get me wrong. But I took her out on the back roads this morning, blew past 100 for the first time this year (twice!) and something told me everything's gonna be alright.

VERY NICE AND EXPENSIVE CAMARO you have there

The Ferrari F12 front nose. The chopped camaro roof line . The camaro rear end. The Chrysler VIPER interior. Obama Motors have screwed up the best automobile ever. An American Icon. TOO BAD. I Guess the C6 corvette will live a long life. The GM designers should get a big bonus for originality.

Here is my C5 from way back. This is a "real" Corvette! I liked the C6 too, but the C7 was designed without any regard to what I think of as Corvette tradition. Too bad because I was in the market for a white/red C7. Maybe the C8(gotta be soon) will show a bit more tradition. Sorry GM designers, but the C7 just plain stinks.

2004_0714_174724AA.jpg2004_0714_174555AA.jpg

Jeesh. Take a deep breath and relax. Nobody is being forced to buy a C7. There are six other generations out there to buy. Beauty, and ugly are in the eyes of the beholders.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom