Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Good Lord !! NO!!! That Thing Is BUTT UGLY

2014 What the hell were they thinking???????????????????????????????

The 2014 vette brings a song to me (I'm a little bit Country and a little bit Rock and Roll) The 2014 song goes like this ( I'm a little bit Mustang and a little bit Camaro) This car will look great in the year of 3000) :chuckle:chuckle
:chuckle Smokin Z

The truth is that the new car is all about angles and linear elements, and round tail light would look stupid and out of place. The C6 is softer, has plenty of rounded design elements and the round tail lights make sense.

There was just as much bitching and carping about the butt of the C5, and it has round tail lights.

Well, I just got back to my hotel room after seeing the car "up close and personal". To those who insisted that pictures don't do the car justice and that I should withhold judgement until seeing the car...I have no idea what you were talking about. To me, the car looked exactly like it did in all those pictures. The one new thing that was obvious in person is that only about 1/3 of the total area of the quarter windows is useable glass that can be seen through...the rest is blacked out or covered by the B pillar (so much for blind spot relief). Since I had seen all the pictures already, my disappointment was not increased by the actual car. My wife was another matter entirely. We had not talked about the car, and she had not seen any photos. She was visibly upset. I'm not kidding here...the kindest thing that she had to say was "yuk". "WAY too busy", "too many sharp creases", "what the hell are those bumps under the grill for?" (that was a surprise because I hadn't noticed them until she mentioned them, and I had no answer for her), etc. When the turn table came around to the back end, she was speechless for several moments before uttering something like "what the hell are they thinking?" I did explain what a diffuser is and what they were probably trying to achieve with it. When I suggested that it would look much better if it was painted, she didn't seem to think that would help it, but she does understand that the whole car was aimed at the generations behind us (we're in our late 50s), and opined that it was a good thing there was a Hot Wheels display right around the corner from the Corvette! Ahhh...I sure did marry the right girl! Now though, if I ever do overcome my own objections to the car, I'll have to sell her on it as well...which will be tough when my heart isn't fully in it either...

Last edited:
Have you seen one in person yet? Why not save all the positivity until you've seen one up close and personal? You don't have to keep posting positive bullsh*t...that you're basing on the opinions of others! We all know you like it. And, by the way, I'll be seeing the car "up close and personal" on Tuesday, the 23rd...

Where did I express "positivity?" I stated that 2 people who have seen it both said you have to see in person to appreciate it. I won't pass judgemen until I see one in person which probably won't be till August, but thanks for yet another b*llshit post.

Now kids... No throwing sand or insults... ;)

-Mac

Well, I just got back to my hotel room after seeing the car "up close and personal". To those who insisted that pictures don't do the car justice and that I should withhold judgement until seeing the car...I have no idea what you were talking about. To me, the car looked exactly like it did in all those pictures. The one new thing that was obvious in person is that only about 1/3 of the total area of the quarter windows is useable glass that can be seen through...the rest is blacked out or covered by the B pillar (so much for blind spot relief). Since I had seen all the pictures already, my disappointment was not increased by the actual car. My wife was another matter entirely. We had not talked about the car, and she had not seen any photos. She was visibly upset. I'm not kidding here...the kindest thing that she had to say was "yuk". "WAY too busy", "too many sharp creases", "what the hell are those bumps under the grill for?" (that was a surprise because I hadn't noticed them until she mentioned them, and I had no answer for her), etc. When the turn table came around to the back end, she was speechless for several moments before uttering something like "what the hell are they thinking?" I did explain what a diffuser is and what they were probably trying to achieve with it. When I suggested that it would look much better if it was painted, she didn't seem to think that would help it, but she does understand that the whole car was aimed at the generations behind us (we're in our late 50s), and opined that it was a good thing there was a Hot Wheels display right around the corner from the Corvette! Ahhh...I sure did marry the right girl! Now though, if I ever do overcome my own objections to the car, I'll have to sell her on it as well...which will be tough when my heart isn't fully in it either...

That was an excellent and very informative post, and I appreciate the info you provided.

My friend who sent me the pictures from Barrett-Jackson is only about 35 years old and he really loved the car. He told me he's definitely buying one within the next year, so GM probably hit it right on the money by designing this car to attract the next generation of buyers. I guess that's a given with any new generation - unfortunately we've all become accusomed to appreciating almost every new design of the corvette.

We're in the same age bracket (I'm 56) and my wife absolutely hated the pictures of the C7, just as yours hated it in person. As I've stated before I'm in the market to purchase a new corvette and I love the looks of the 2013 GS's so that's the way I'm leaning at this time, and as I said I don't think my wife would be too happy with a C7 - she absolutely loved the LT-1. I'm just waiting until the incentives and prices are right, and that might take a while.

Thanks for posting - it's gonna be quite a while before I'll see one (C7) up close.

Last edited:
Camaro

This car belongs in the Hall of CRAP located in the LOST CITY OF LOSER CARS in LITTLE AMERICA.

People have to be crazy and have no taste to like this model. LONG LIVE the C4 & C5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Viper looks better.......... I can't believe that I said that but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The good Lord had nothing to do with this designed because only the DEVIL made them build this atrocity.

P.P.S. Even the Camaro looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ass end looks like the Camaro's design. How does that make it look better?:chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom