Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Differential Gear Ratio Help Needed

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I'm selling my spare differential and need help figuring the gear ratio. The ring gear is stamped "3733908 9:?7". Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Have you tried counting the teeth on the ring gear and pinion gear and then dividing?

Mark both the pinion and the side yoke, spin the pinion and count how many complete revolutions are required to make the side yoke spin one complete revolution.. Based on the number you gave, I'm gonna guess it's a 4.11... :D

Mac

Thanks all. I'll try that.

It's a 4.11. 9:27 would be 3.00:1, and that never existed (and wouldn't work due to the even tooth count). 9:47 would be a 5.22:1, and that never existed. 9:37, however, is 4.11:1, and that's the OEM tooth count for the 4.11.

:beer

9:27 would be 3.00:1, and that never existed (and wouldn't work due to the even tooth count).

John, I'm gonna plead ignorance here and ask for a little help in learning something new!
Why won't the even tooth count work? Is it because tooth 1 on the pinion gear will ALWAYS
contact tooth 1, 10, and 19 on the ring gear, and that's not something advisable? I can see
that the odd tooth count will allow any 1 tooth on the pinion to cycle thru all the teeth on
the ring gear, but that's the only thing I can come up with. Is there another reason?
Thanks in advance for any help :thumb !
Andy Anderson :w

It's a 4.11. 9:27 would be 3.00:1, and that never existed (and wouldn't work due to the even tooth count). 9:47 would be a 5.22:1, and that never existed. 9:37, however, is 4.11:1, and that's the OEM tooth count for the 4.11.

That's twice I've been right this year and it's only September... Maybe I can squeeze in another one... :eek

Mac

Look out Mac....... your head will get so big that your hat won't fit,
and with winter approaching, you NEED your hat to fit! :L
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom