Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: oil pan

jseremba

Corvette
1989 Blue Z51 6 spd Manual Transmission
Hello Everybody,

I own a 1984 4 plus 3 Corvette. I just removed the camshaft and found two lobes round. I have the new camshaft in. My question is "should I remove the oil pan and clean it, so that the camshaft fragments do not cause me problems. Can I do the bearings with the motor in the car.
My oil pressure with the car warmed up is always 10/12 psi. I was thinking of not using synthetic oils in the summer. Or should I be replacing the oil pump and other parts.

Thank you

Sounds like the motor may be tired. How many miles? If the cam and bearings are shot, I'd take the motor out to do a decent rebuild, but I'm a little conservative that way, and I hate to do major work with the motor in the car.

Sounds like the motor may be tired. How many miles? If the cam and bearings are shot, I'd take the motor out to do a decent rebuild, but I'm a little conservative that way, and I hate to do major work with the motor in the car.

Frankly if I had three grand, I would be rebuilding the motor. I will run it as is for a while and hopefully rebuild it next year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom