Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Infotainment Screen is Broken

C7808

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 2lt. Watkins Glen Gray
I had read several similar problems back in 2014, and I thought GM had resolved this issue--until today. So I thought I'd throw this out there.

I bought my 2017 GS last September and have racked up 6000 miles. Today, all of a sudden, the infotainment system started acting up. During the first 10 minutes after engine start-up, the screen started going blank and then on again and then blank again. This off-on-off happened about 15 times. Then the radio went dead. I arrived at my destination and shut the engine off. As I restarted the engine one hour later, the system was OK. Then, after about five minutes, the whole aforementioned problem with the system occurred again. So, now there's no access to the radio, PDR, back-up camera, front and side cameras, bluetooth, etc. I called the dealer today and cannot get an appointment until May 31!!! This is the second issue I've had with this car. The first issue involved a broken left-front turn signal not long after I drove the car off the lot.

Call the dealership back and ask to talk to the service manager. Let him now that you are not pleased with the scheduling date and see if he can help you. If you purchased the vehicle there I am sure they will help you.

Call the dealership back and ask to talk to the service manager. Let him now that you are not pleased with the scheduling date and see if he can help you. If you purchased the vehicle there I am sure they will help you.

Thanks much for the advice. I did call the service manager today and have arranged for an appointment tomorrow.

I had read several similar problems back in 2014, and I thought GM had resolved this issue--until today. So I thought I'd throw this out there.

I bought my 2017 GS last September and have racked up 6000 miles. Today, all of a sudden, the infotainment system started acting up. During the first 10 minutes after engine start-up, the screen started going blank and then on again and then blank again. This off-on-off happened about 15 times. Then the radio went dead. I arrived at my destination and shut the engine off. As I restarted the engine one hour later, the system was OK. Then, after about five minutes, the whole aforementioned problem with the system occurred again. So, now there's no access to the radio, PDR, back-up camera, front and side cameras, bluetooth, etc. I called the dealer today and cannot get an appointment until May 31!!! This is the second issue I've had with this car. The first issue involved a broken left-front turn signal not long after I drove the car off the lot.

And just today (May 9), the gas gauge went kaput. Reads 0 gallons, but it has nearly a full tank. Thinking I may have bought a lemon. Too many electronic issues with this car.

Chances are, either you need an HMI update, or the HMI module in the car behind the glovebox needs to be replaced. Either way, you need to bring the car to your local Chevrolet dealership for proper diagnosis.

Chances are, either you need an HMI update, or the HMI module in the car behind the glovebox needs to be replaced. Either way, you need to bring the car to your local Chevrolet dealership for proper diagnosis.

Thanks much for responding. Today, I took the car to the dealership where I bought it. Seems they cannot figure out the cause at this time. They tried to download some computer program as a fix, but the car's computer wouldn't accept it, so I was told. So they are keeping the car overnight and will try again tomorrow. BTW, what does HMI stand for?

Thanks much for responding. Today, I took the car to the dealership where I bought it. Seems they cannot figure out the cause at this time. They tried to download some computer program as a fix, but the car's computer wouldn't accept it, so I was told. So they are keeping the car overnight and will try again tomorrow. BTW, what does HMI stand for?

Human Machine Interface

Yes, that was the problem. HMI module is on order. Thanks again.

And just today (May 9), the gas gauge went kaput. Reads 0 gallons, but it has nearly a full tank. Thinking I may have bought a lemon. Too many electronic issues with this car.

The gas gauge malfunction was unrelated and separate from the infotainment system issue. But, it apparently ironed itself out as it started working properly with no attention even before the HMI was replaced. The Chevy mechanics wanted to remove the two saddle fuel tanks in an attempt to investigate the cause of the malfunction. But that would have involved the removal of the some of the drivetrain (transmission and other components) since the fuel tanks are located above the drivetrain. I nixed that idea and suggested we wait to see if the gas gauge malfunctions again. If so, I'll bring the car back to the dealer. So far, I haven't had any problems with the gas gauge. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just an update in case this happens to one of you C7 Corvette owners. The infotainment problem was solved with a simple replacement of a new HMI (human machine interface) module.

Infotainment screen

Feel lucky, myine quit on Sunday morning. Stopped at my nephew's house to get my Meade telescope back from him. when I started my 17 Grand Sport the center monitor refused to light up or show any signs of life. Went to the dealer after work on Monday 12 June. Still waiting. Apparently the center screen is controlled by the gauge pod screen which is on back order with no known ETA. I hate driving a rental car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom