Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A few winter Jobs

What trans do you have? I don't recall if I saw it but then I didn't go back through the info. 336's are good street gear. I moved up from 308 to 336's with my 325hp 350 with th400= little rpm difference in that jump. You will feel it more going from 273 to 336. If automatic it won't be a problem, with M20 Muncie or ST10 it will be good, if you should have a M21 CR it won't be too good. 5 Speed will be good although OD gear may be low.

Still Running the factory 4 speed. It's a Borg Warner Super T10 from what I can tell. I guess this it the ST10 from above.

That should work well, 264 1st gear with 336's.

Did you get all the parts lined up that you're going to need to convert?

That should work well, 264 1st gear with 336's.

Did you get all the parts lined up that you're going to need to convert?

I thought 1st was 2.88.

I haven't yet. I was going to pm you later today to ask if you could supply them. I don't want to end up ordering things i won't need, or miss things that I do need.

Checked the spider gears today.
Found this on one, similar marks can be found in a couple of other places too, but only on the one gear.
20170821_150819.jpg
Also found this on the cup washer? from behind one of the gears, the side shown is facing the gear, I think I know what would have caused this.
20170821_150329.jpg
Everything else is fine.

Check to make sure there are no ridges in the spider splines, it is probably ok. The thrust washers will be replaced, I put new ones in the kit.

It's been a while but I now have the iron diff in place. Just need to get the u joints on the drive shaft sorted and everything else back in and I'm good to go.

All is back in place now:)
dont like the way the exhaust was done, made it far harder than it needed to be to get it back in. It's one piece after the headers all the way through, both pipes welded to the same brackets. When I need to hVe this redone I'll make sure it is done differently.
Went for my first drive today in a long time. Love driving this car. Seems quieter now too. :D (Except the exhaust)

Found my first (and hopefully only problem)
There's an exhaust pipe that runs below my drain plug. That will cause some issues when I need to drain the diff. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom