Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where does the purple wire get its juice??

Desperado

Corvette
1984 Two tone Light/Medium blue metallic
Hi folks,

1984 Corvette, all original stock

I PROMISE I will be using the search feature and dig about, but I am so close to solving my no-crank issue! :upthumbs
Mind you, I bought my Corvette without ever driving it, so I hope you can understand!

I can apply power via my power probe 3 to the purple wire on the theft-deterrent relay AKA the starter interrupt relay (i think), cranking happens and she runs GREAT!
So obviously, I have an open or short to ground somewhere between the ignition switch and the relay. Does anyone happen to know where the source voltage for the purple wire comes from? Ignition module? Ignition module is new by the way, the old one looked worse for wear, but no corrosion. Using my power-probe to start the car all the time isn't exactly practical :)

Thank you!

Found what I needed! Link here for future use in case someone (or I) run into the same problem in the future!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/88f150xlt/media/cGF0aDovODQgODUgdGhlZnQgZGV0ZXJlbnRfenBzcWQ2a3Q1YWwuanBn/?ref=

(Thanks to ECSS if you are still around!)
[/FONT]

Found what I needed! Link here for future use in case someone (or I) run into the same problem in the future!

https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/88f150xlt/media/cGF0aDovODQgODUgdGhlZnQgZGV0ZXJlbnRfenBzcWQ2a3Q1YWwuanBn/?ref=

(Thanks to ECSS if you are still around!)

So what was your problem?

Do you understand how the circuit works?

Hi LLC5,

Turned out to actually be the linkage coming from the ignition cylinder binding. Can't believe I didn't notice it before.

I definitely understand the circuit.. automotive electrical and CAN bus systems are my livelihood. I just don't love approaching an electrical problem without a diagram.

Thank you!

Hi LLC5,

Turned out to actually be the linkage coming from the ignition cylinder binding. Can't believe I didn't notice it before.

I definitely understand the circuit.. automotive electrical and CAN bus systems are my livelihood. I just don't love approaching an electrical problem without a diagram.

Thank you!

Understood........

If your going to be working on the care more often you should order the factory service manual.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom