Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
I'm 55 and just placed an order for an '06 coupe. This will be my second Vette - I owned a '92 coupe for 14 years and just sold it to get the '06. My wife is on her 4th Vette. We'll have an '03 AE and an '06 DSOM in the garage before too long.

I do believe there was an "official" poll taken a few years back and the average age of a vetter was 50.

Buy your wife a nice ring ($8 to $10K), then she doesn't get upset when you write the check for Corvette.

RickM said:
Without giving details, the cost of the car was expected to move the age group "up" but at the same time the attraction was set for 30-40 year-olds with plenty of disposable income (the C6 not being the primary car).

I'm in my late 30s. My primary car is a Saturn station wagon (seen in the background). I've had a '72 Stingray for the last four years and this is my first new-from-the-dealer Vette. I have to say that I've usually seen a lot of gray heads out there behind the wheels of new Vettes. I always told my wife that I didn't want to have to be near retirement (or past it!) to buy this car.

DSC06565M_2.jpg

Too funny! I didn't vote but HAD to look at the results. I guess what they say about Vette owners are true. Most people who can afford them are close to retirement or are retired. Damn, but I have a long way to go! :(

young dumb and full of corvette attitude

wow am i the only 22 year old on the forum with a new vette if so i feel special lol

age ?

I'm 67, bought my first vette two weeks ago, all I can say is
look out world here I come......

right on bill welcome to the club what kind of vette did you get coupe or vert z51 or standard and automatic or 6sp and what color

I bought a 04 Blue convertible automatic with only 3k miles. Drove it only
for about 4 days in Minnesota while I had a small window of nice weather
Now it's in storage till the summer gods return. I can't wait, I do see every day and wax it. I could have a chance on winning some type of competition for the shiniest corvette by this spring ( grin )

G Winter said:
Due to finances there is no way I can afford one , but if I could I would have mine ordered. I am 56. I dissagree old isn't getting younger. 20 yrs ago 50 was old , now 75 is old . ;LOL
And somehow I forgot to grow up.

We have to grow up .... who made that rule ????? :cool

Age?

I guess it would depend on weather daddy bought it or the peep bought it himself. I bet most are bought by those 40 and above though; with kids already out of school or not in the picture.:L Then again it might depend on whether or not one is paying alimony or child support.;LOL

Vette's are not cheap (never were) but you need some serious bucks to get one...hence, the geezer factor (calm down, I'm hittin' the BIG 55 myself this year)

Anybody see this story on cnn.com? -> Rusty Yates, whose former wife drowned their five children in a bathtub in 2001, said Tuesday that he is getting remarried.

Did you see the picture of them leaving the church? He was ushering her into a C6.

Heck, he may post on the CAC. Small world.

No! some are just

wow am i the only 22 year old on the forum with a new vette if so i feel special lol

More then once or even twice.

Hell I am only 22-thirty four

My friend, who is 21 has a 2005 C6 (Black Automatic) I saw the window sticker $54,000!!!!! His dad gave it to him

Interesting age statistics

I can well appreciate the comments that Corvettes are sufficiently pricey to preclude their purchase by young buyers, but like most things in life it depends on your priorities. I bought my first one (a 1958 fuelie) at age 22 and have owned 6 others. 'Vettes were very primitive until 1963 and still so until the C5. Anyone who doesn't think so should spend some time looking at the well done exhibit at the National Corvette Museum of the assembly of a 1970s era Stingray as compared with the chassis of the C5 on the floor. I was too busy to have the time to play with Corvettes from 1975 to 2005, but after reading about the C6, spent the time to locate exactly the one I wanted - silver/gray interior/A4 coupe and have found the machine to be a source of joy.

And how old am I? Seventy. That's 70. And I'm still flying my twin engine turboprop also. So there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom