Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

65' vette, lower radiator hose

bonll

Corvette
1965, glengreen conv
My fan belt (to the alternator) rubs the lower radiator hose. I have been told I have the correct Alt mounting bracket, hose, pulleys & belt. But it is only about 1/2"-1/2" away from the hose. It cut thru the last hose & now its just starting to rub on my new hose.
Does anyone reccomend a shorter belt length? or?

Do you have a correct radiator or a copper/brass equivilent. If so, the outlets are not angled the same as the AL originals or the DeWitts reproduction

My fan belt (to the alternator) rubs the lower radiator hose. I have been told I have the correct Alt mounting bracket, hose, pulleys & belt. But it is only about 1/2"-1/2" away from the hose. It cut thru the last hose & now its just starting to rub on my new hose.
Does anyone reccomend a shorter belt length? or?

Is your bottom hose on backwards?

It's very easy to put the lower hose on backwards. If installed incorrectly, it's VERY close to the belt. If installed correctly, you should have plenty of clearance.

I did the same thing last time I replaced the hose......

hmm, I just replaced a dewitt reproduction radiator w/ another aftermarket Aluminum one not to long ago. They both had the outlets the same so I assumed it was correct.
as far as the hose being installed backwards........boy I don't know. I installed it the same way (direction that it came off). But I'll check it out. Right now car is in storage for a week.
But if thats it I'll feel dumb....but glad.

Thanks again for the clues...:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom