Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Right Hand Drive

L

lucky1

Hi Guys

I live in south Africa and am desperate to import my dream car into this country. Unfortunately the authorities will only allow us to import Right Hand Drive Cars. Can anyone out there help PLEASE!!!!!

Lucky

Australia

I believe there are a couple of outfits in Australia that convert LHD to RHD. Maybe try a Google search on "RHD conversions"?

There's at least one Forum member here from Oz, I think his handle is "Aussievetteman" or something like that. He may be a source for a lead. Good luck! :)

Rick
:gap

Welcome to the CAC !
And good luck with finding your car..

:w
-Stefan

G'day Derek -

"Corvette Queensland" has a VERY interesting site. Some inventory they have! 3 C6's ready to roll...!

What is meant by "no cooling off period" and "no statutary warranty"? Have a great day, mate.

Rick
:gap
this means that they are selling the car for a private owner,on consignment
cheers

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER; not sure what is out there for conversion to RH steering; but my way of thinking where there is a will there is a way. I would search the world wide web surely there is someone that can and has done this.

Happy hunting,
Bill

Hi and thanks for the replies. I have tried Australia already but the costs are sky high. A 6 speed Coupe would cost in the region of US $ 110 000 and once I have added import duties and freight charges to get the car to South Africa we are looking at about US $ 180 000.

Regards

Lucky

Hi and thanks for the replies. I have tried Australia already but the costs are sky high. A 6 speed Coupe would cost in the region of US $ 110 000 and once I have added import duties and freight charges to get the car to South Africa we are looking at about US $ 180 000.

Regards

Lucky

You would have to be Bill Gates or Jay Leno to afford this kind of money :eyerole It would be strange to drive on the right hand side; not sure I could shift left handed:L Would the clutch and break pedal be shifted around as well? I am getting :confused just thinking about it.

Again where there is a will there in a way, keep look'n; hey what about "pimp my car?" ;LOL not so sure even they would attack this but maybe.

Good luck,

Bill

welcome to CAC!!! good luck finding your vette and enjoy the forums!!!!!!

Hi again

Just finished searching the Web as suggested and seem to have found someone in the US that deals with Right Hand Drive conversions. The Web site is uswd.com anyone out there know of the company. I have asked them for a quotation regarding costs.

lucky1,
welcome to the CAC and good luck. I don't know anything about RHD conversions, sorry I'm no help.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom