Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Greetings from CT

J

juggler

Hello All,

I think I've found my new default forum. I am now the proud owner of a '76 Stingray, which was given to me by wife for my 50th birthday.

Of course that landmark won't be for two more years, so I have that long to get the car into shape before I have it painted.

It has 51,000 miles and appears to be in good shape, though I will have to wait until this weekend to go over it in more detail.

The T-tops appear sound (no leaks when sprayed with a hose) and the engine runs fine. I am experiencing some intermittent shorts (dash lights, passenger window) and the lights will not always close.

I will be going now to research the light issue, which I am aware is a common problem. I have a Chilton's on order and will be re-arranging the garage this weekend to accommodate all the work I plan on performing.

Until now my major weekend recreation has been shooting (skeet, pistol, rifle, etc.), and I have been a participant in several shooting forums, but I think I have a new hobby/home now.

I look forward to learning from y'all and hope to have a lot of fun learning about a car I have dreamed of owning for more than 30 years.

Y'all stay warm

Juggler

Welcome to the CAC and congrats on your new Shark!

You'll have her ship-shape in no time!

Enjoy!

:Steer

Welcome from another New Englander! I think you're going to really enjoy your new hobby...and your new home here at the Corvette Action Center!:)

Elaine

Welcome
Your never to old to own a vette I am 52 and the wife and I each have one:w

Welcome to the site! :w What a great gift you got!

Thanks for the welcomes..........it's great to be here!

This is a great forum..........Mods or whoever ,you have a great site. I have already acquired enough useful information to give me plenty to do this weekend.

I am going to work on the headlights not going down, try to clear the vents and inspect the doors for my heater problem, use some of the tips to track the intermittent short in my dash, and change the oil/filter (Wix), air filter (K&N), and valve cover gaskets.

Oh yeah, and clean,vacuum, wash and polish :D

BTW, how do y'all feel about Amor All on the leather?

Welcome from another Connecticut member. :upthumbs

Not sure which town you live in but there is a great Corvette service in Newington, Ct. at the Corvette Center. Their phone number is: 860-953-2994 if there is something needed either for mechanical or body work.

Also, check out Mark's Cruise in East Granby on Monday nights if you live near that area. It's next to Bradley International airport.

Rich Lagasse

p.s: I wouldn't recommend Armor-All for anything especially leather. There are much better cleaners and conditioners designed for leather such as Lexol. Also, many of the polish manufacturers (such as Zaino and Meguiars) have leather products in the line of products.

Welcome to the CAC!

:w
-Stefan

PS: Not a fan of armor all.. Too sticky/tacky and shiny for me

Welcome! I have (or had!) the same hobbies as you until I bought one of these things, now I spend most of my time on my back under the car rather than on my feet at the gun club!:D Lots of fun and good therapy during the long winter.

Bill

Welcome!
We're glad to have you with us.
I'll chime in with the rest: get a good leather conditioner/cleaner, not armor all. Lexol was always good for me.

Tammy

Thanks for the comments about Amor-All, think I will leave that for the F-150's.

Thanks for the tips, Rich. I am near the shore, but am ready/willing/able to drive distances......I didn't realize there were so many 'Vette owners nearby, we'll talk more fer sure.

Too bad this weekend is a washout.

Welcome from another Connecticut member. :upthumbs

Not sure which town you live in but there is a great Corvette service in Newington, Ct. at the Corvette Center. Their phone number is: 860-953-2994 if there is something needed either for mechanical or body work.

Also, check out Mark's Cruise in East Granby on Monday nights if you live near that area. It's next to Bradley International airport.

Rich Lagasse

p.s: I wouldn't recommend Armor-All for anything especially leather. There are much better cleaners and conditioners designed for leather such as Lexol. Also, many of the polish manufacturers (such as Zaino and Meguiars) have leather products in the line of products.

Rich,

I looked, looked and looked some more at your web site and all I can say is AWESOME, AWESOME and AWESOME. The vettes are definently eye candy for sure but the garage has to be a super place to persue the passion of the Corvette. I am in the early stages of designing our new house or as I say the new garage with a small house attached. Planning a garage with a drive through bay, and about 6 more bays 2 vehicles deep, maybe a small office that can double as a spare bedroom, 4-post lift and maybe a ramp type as well. Even considering a drive over pit with electric stainless steel cover, concrete stairway and service related storage area. I am looking for the right piece of property now. At anyrate your Vettes and garage sure gets my creative juices flowing. I just love it and got some ideas for my own project. Definently an enjoyable journey through your web site. I am not in too big of a hurry but this is what I want to do when I retire so I am just planning ahead at this point. The big thing for me right now is finding the right property, looked at so much that I am taking a break right now but when I see the right property I will know it. I will retire in the next 5 or 6 years so I am taking the time to plan right now. I want to buy, sell, and tinker with a few Corvettes myself. The problem I can see is getting too attached to them and not wanting to sell any; but I guess that is a good problem to have uh?

Thanks for sharing, again just AWESOME. And to be working on a 63 split window coupe to boot; just doesn't get much better than this.

Bill :w

Welcome to the :CAC form Teddychusetts. ;LOL

:w
Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom